Registered Nurse--Supervisor Critical Care Center for Evidence and Outcomes
Philadelphia, PA, US, 19104
MAIN - Main Hospital Req ID: 27286
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
Oversee scope and work of the CCCEO department, data strategy / alignment, personnel and professional development management, including daily operations and management of staff. Responsible for coordination of clinical data analysis to support critical care practice including patient safety, quality improvement, inquiry and evidenced based practice. Serves as an organizational resource and subject matter expert in data extraction, interpretation and synthesis for both external registry submission and internal needs. Uses excellent communication skills to manage a high functioning team with multiple deadline and commitment considerations. Leads the CCCEO in partnering with clinicians, administrators and shared governance to identify and orchestrate production of the data needed for a population or initiative. Supports clinical practice by driving selection and implementation of clinical and administrative initiatives through use of clinical data related to patient safety, quality improvement, evidence-based practice and research activities. Supervises the generation of reports. Presents visual display of data in innovative ways to support leaders in understanding current performance and opportunities for improvement. Acts as an advocate for data integrity, use and implementation within Critical Care and acts as a liaison to other data centers within the organization. Responsible for education and mentorship of staff regarding clinical data collection, analysis and integration of data into quality initiatives and evidence based practice. Merges understanding of clinical practice and clinical data to serve as an innovative leader in quality improvement and evidenced based practice.
1. Data Management
* Oversees data management best practices and knowledge thereof in a standardized, transparent and effective manner. * Uses clinical expertise to direct initiatives while integrating understanding of clinical data. * Partners with department and shared governance teams as well as with enterprise analytics to identify, understand and prioritize data sets needed for improvement initiatives or programs relative to patient safety, clinical improvement, productivity and clinical research. * Oversees prioritization of report and supervises generation, analysis and presentation of data. * Responsible for ensuring CCCEO staff complete accurate and timely abstraction and entry of data into the registry database to meet the needs of data harvesting and reporting requirements. * Supervises quality assurance procedures on all data at regular intervals and upon request. * Engages VPS management to ensure system improvements. * Participates in the development of annual VPS performance reports by influencing comparison group and participates in calls to discuss interpretation and recommendations
2. Professional Engagement
* Provides consultation to develop critical care and enterprise standards and role models professional behaviors that promote a positive image of Nursing. * Leads engagement with critical care leadership teams and shared governance to implement systems that support quality initiatives and evidence based practice. * Creates a work climate which achieves high level employee engagement, measured through specific metrics. * Participates collaboratively in staff projects, committees, and teams to resolve conflicts and meet institutional goals. * Represents institution and CCCEO at key national and international meetings such as VPS user meeting * Organize and lead team meetings * Identifies learning needs of self and others and assists in development of a learning plan. * Lead communication with clinical and administrative teams.
3. Clinical Excellence
* Partners with critical care leadership and shared governance to develop and execute action plans for measureable continuous quality improvement in care outcomes. * Promotes compliance to systems that demonstrate quality, efficient and cost effective care at the bedside. * Provides consultation regarding clinical data to department in support of clinical practice * Uses clinical expertise to guide initiatives while integrating understanding of clinical data and it's important to project success. * Actively participates in relevant meetings to infuse clinical data into decision making
4. Advancing Practice
* Promotes evidence-based practice by leading system improvements, measuring outcomes with concise metrics. * Leads team projects. * Leads activities that build on strengths and opportunities for the team. * Provides employees with experiences to help meet their developmental goals. * Coordinates completion of VPS training and certification
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
5. Financial Stewardship
* Partners with unit management to identify and execute unit based quality improvement initiatives that result in a measurable impact on quality, cost and resource utilization. * Manages usage of supplies and equipment, identifies opportunities for improvement, and makes appropriate changes. * Manages own time and direct reports to accomplish responsibilities in a cost efficient manner. * Identifies ideas for improved productivity through data evaluation within the context of clinical practice. * Develops and deploys systems that assure consistent and appropriate resources.
6. Innovation and Learning
* Provides opportunities to surface ideas and takes a leadership role in project development * Leads evidence based practice planning and implementation of programs. * Promotes evidence-based practice and generates ideas for inquiry and quality based initiatives. * Uses advanced analytic skills to support innovation solutions through the use of clinical data
* Oversees functions of the CCCEO, including daily operations and management of staff * Is a full partner in contributing to the direction of critical care * Recruit, develop and retain qualified competent staff to ensure appropriate staffing * Conduct performance evaluation, coaching and discipline as necessary for CCCEO staff * Monitor time and attendance and paid time off.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
RN license in the state of Pennsylvania
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: BSN
* Five (5) years of experience with pediatric critical care
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Additional Technical Requirements
* Clinical understanding of the care provided in the critical care area. * Successful performance in a high-intensity work environment. * Excellent problem identification and problem solving skills. * Flexibility * Knowledge of appropriate software including Excel, Access and Powerpoint. * Ability to handle multiple tasks. * Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills. * Ability to build relationships and articulate questions to receive an appropriate level of support from supervisors and peers * Ability to interact with all members of the critical care team and administrative staff in a professional and courteous manner * Knowledge of Epic and ChartMaxx
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.