Performs a variety of diagnostic procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail.
Performs all general diagnostic techniques and examinations according to the protocols determined by the Radiologist.
* Maintains constant attention to patients assigned to the technologist for examination 100% of the time. * Produces optimal radiographs for the purpose of diagnostic interpretation 100% of the time. * Selects proper technical factors, restraining devices and operates diagnostic equipment (c-arm, portable, R&F, and general) as directed 100% of the time. * Completes exams within specified productivity standards 100% of the time.
Identifies, develops, and digitizes patient films. Maintain records of exams.
* Digitizes all radiographs performed in the E.D. department 100% of the time within 5 minutes of exam completion. * Responsible for proper identification on film including patient identification and patient demographics 100% of the time. * Develops film by automatic processing 100% of the time. * Provides protection in accordance with prescribed safety standards to ensure the well being of patients, hospital personnel, general public and self while performing any duties 100% of the time. * Maintains appropriate records of examinations 100% of the time. * Maintains the integrity and efficiency of the Radiology Information System 100% of the time. * Conducts self in a professional manner. * Subjects to on-call status including weekends and holidays. * Refers to the Chief Technologist any unresolved problems relating to staffing, morale, work methods, discipline and other activities 100% of the time. * Promotes professionalism, continuing education and staff development 100% of the time. * Participates in the formal in-service program provided for Radiology Complex.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Successful Completion ASRT Exam (Within One Year of Hire)
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: High School/GED. Completion of an accredited radiology school.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Experience: Pediatric experience
Additional Technical Requirements
* Knowledge of all forms of diagnostic imaging * Knowledge of film processing equipment * Basic Knowledge of PACS systems * Knowledge of Radiology Information Systems * Knowledge of CR and DR equipment
* Responsible for maintaining the continuing education required for this position. * Attend Infection Control lecture-mandatory * Attend Fire & Safety lecture-mandatory * Obtains 10 CE credits/year
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
CHOP EMPLOYEE? SEARCH FOR JOBS HERE.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Medical, Radiology, Information Systems, Patient Care, Radiographer, Healthcare, Technology
Associated topics: cardiac, cath, cath laboratory, computerized, ct scan, ct technologist, mri, radiographer, radiology, x ray
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.