Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
Applicants should have PhD or MD/PhD training, great publications, and enjoy thinking deeply about complex and interesting biology. Trainees will be expected to work independently and collaboratively for most of our projects, and a high level of personal and professional integrity is expected. Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems, write, and communicate is valued.
To apply, please send to ...@email.chop.edu:
* Curriculum vitae
* College transcript
* Medical school or graduate school transcripts
* Copies of publications (3 top papers to highlight your work)
* A description of your short term and long term goals indicating why our work interests you
* Letters of recommendation (at least two)
The postdoctoral fellow will, under the direction/guidance of a mentor Robert O. Heuckeroth, M.D. Ph.D., assume responsibility for a specific, on-going research project. The postdoc experience will serve to extend, refine and enhance skills necessary for professional and career development, and will enable the individual to broaden his/her scientific background by acquiring new research capabilities. It is expected that this individual will conduct independent scholarly research, and will contribute directly to the overall research goals of the project and the research group. Postdocs will be expected to participate in project planning, recording and interpretation/evaluation of data, and communication of results. Postdocs will also be expected to acquire technical, lab management, and manuscript/grant writing skills; and participate in seminars, lectures, poster sessions and presentations at national meetings. Postdoctoral fellows also may be required to supervise junior lab members, develop new methods and protocols for research, and assist with the development of other research projects in the lab.
* Conduct independent scholarly research and develop new methods and protocols
* Participate in project planning, recording and evaluation of data
* Acquire technical, lab management and grant writing skills
* Participate in seminars, lectures, poster sessions and presentation at national meetings
* Supervise junior lab members
* Assist with other research projects
Required Education and Experience
* A terminal degree PhD, MD, DVM, etc.
* According to the CMS (Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services) a copy of diploma or transcript is required as proof of academic achievement for all non-laboratory personnel performing non-waived POC testing
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
CHOP EMPLOYEE? SEARCH FOR JOBS HERE.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Medical, Patient Care, Medicare, Medicaid, Healthcare, Research
Associated topics: cancer, disability, gastroenterology, human disease, hospitalist, nutrition, psychiatry, respiratory, school of medicine, therapy
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.