BUERGER - Buerger Center Ambulatory Care Req ID: 26912
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
Under the supervision of the Parking Garage Supervisor, the Parking Garage Attendant/Concierge will serve as the first point of contact for garage customers, directing customers to spaces, patrolling the lots, and assisting traffic as needed.
* Direct incoming customers to available parking spaces.
* Count vehicles on location throughout shift, as needed.
* Notify Security of tenants and visitors that violate garage policies.
* Patrol transient and employee parking levels for visitors in need of assistance or violations of parking policies.
* Provide assistance to customers that have forgotten where they parked their vehicle.
* Courteously assist Customers by answering any questions they may have. If necessary, direct the Customer to the Manager or Lead for further assistance.
* Control traffic at entrances and exits as needed.
* Assist in the maintenance and repair of parking equipment and any general maintenance tasks as directed by the Manager.
* Report any known accidents, observed or suspected violations of polices, safety hazards or any unusual occurrence to the Manager or Lead.
* Have a thorough knowledge of all areas of the garage and buildings, thorough knowledge of the major streets, landmarks and freeways in the area of the garage.
* Be able to provide driving directions to visitors to and from the campus.
* Be able to provide directions to various locations inside of the buildings.
* Assist Manager with other duties as needed.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
DRL - Driver's License
Required Education and Experience
High School education or GED.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Prior Customer Service.
Additional Technical Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to customers and other employees of the company.
* Ability to add and subtract three digit numbers and multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and climb for long periods of time in non-climate controlled environments. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.