Office Coordinator II - Cardiac Anesthesia & Critical Care
Philadelphia, PA, US, 19104
Req ID: 25079
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
Reports to the Division Practice Manager, coordinating and assuring that all administrative functions related to the Cardiac Anesthesia and Cardiac Critical Care Medicine Divisions are conducted consistently and completely. Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information, meet deadlines, work on several projects simultaneously, work independently and understand the goals and concepts involved in the work performed. Must be able to establish and maintain a shared work environment and consistently achieve open effective communication with Divisional physicians and staff as well as medical and hospital staff throughout the institution. In addition, will be responsible for conducting and reporting financial transactions related to office supplies and professional expenses for the Divisions.
* Provide general administrative support to assigned faculty and staff (75%)
* Assist in the coordination of meetings, responsibilities include: scheduling, agenda writing, minute-taking, material preparation, and catering requests
* Prepare PowerPoint presentations, letters, reports, memoranda, and other correspondences as requested
* Maintain departmental files
* Maintain CVs, CME data, and process professional expense requests
* Prepares check requests and reimbursement requests
* Provide general administrative support to Cardiac Anesthesia and Cardiac Critical Care Medicine Divisions (15%)
* Coordinate with other members of the department administrative staff to assure seamless completion of all daily functions
* Answer phone calls, route calls and take messages as appropriate
* Sort, screen and route incoming mail. Prepare outgoing mail
* Supports inventory/ordering of office supplies and maintenance of office machines
* Maintain and update staff schedules in QGenda and Xtend
* Assist Practice Manager with orientation of new staff
* Support other administrative duties as necessary and appropriate
* Provide back-up support in the absence of other division administrative team members (10%)
* Provide administrative support to the Division Chiefs, Associate Division Chiefs, and Medical Director of the Cardiac Center (when this role is maintained by a member of the Divisions)
* Provide administrative support for educational programs, including fellowship programs and trainees rotating through the divisions
* Provide administrative support for recruitment and onboarding of new team members
* Coordinate and distribute scheduling information in the development of the daily clinical schedule
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: High School/GED
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Experience: Three (3) years of progressively responsible administrative support experience in an academic, scientific or office setting.
Preferred Education: An Associate and/or Bachelor's degree
Additional Technical Requirements
* Basic knowledge of medical terminology and protocols
* Basic knowledge HIPAA regulations
* Intermediate proficiency with electronic medical record software (EPIC)
* Intermediate proficiency with word processing software (Microsoft Word)
* Intermediate proficiency with spreadsheet software (Microsoft Excel)
* Basic proficiency with presentation software (Microsoft PowerPoint)
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Excellent organizational skills
* Strong time management skills
* Solid conflict resolution skills
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
* Ability to work with and relate to people at all levels
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.