Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
May be filling multiple positions. Willing to consider interest in both full-time and part-time status (40 biweekly hours or more).
The Cardiac Center Referral Nurse Navigator and Outreach Specialist will provide guidance,oversight, and coordination to the following activities:
* Represents patients and families coming to CHOP from local, regional and national,and international sources including referring physicians, hospitals, community at-large,and other ancillary agencies by coordinating their care.
* Works independently to develop patient, family and provider relationships and achieve targeted goals.
* Coordinates patient care services and maintains interpersonal relationships with patients, families and referral sources, from initial contact to discharge.
* Works with the Cardiac Center Outreach and Referral Manager and Service Line Director to assist in the development and implementation of outreach activities for the Cardiac Center.
1. Patient Navigator Responsibilities
* Coordinates care with referring clinicians, patients, and families to ensure ease of access and ongoing communication, continually striving to enhance the CHOP experience, focusing on family centered care.
* Coordinates a plan of care for referral patients and families and is the person of contact with their referring physician.
* Maintains a relationship with the patient/family throughout the course of their care, from initial contact to the end of their hospitalization, providing the patient and referring physician with updates and pertinent medical information.
* Meets with local and regional referring physicians and their staff at least once every three months to discuss the Cardiac Center and any issues/concerns/suggestions. Maintains continual contact as required.
* Identifies potential referring physicians and develops a strategy to encourage them to become CHOP referring physicians, and works to establish ongoing relationships.
* Identifies and attends regional and national conferences, completing applications and arranging for ads, inserts, organizing speakers when needed and manages booth presence.
2. Strategic Planning
* Develops and Implements strategies to increase utilization of the Cardiac Center services, programs and physicians.
* Identifies and evaluates new markets, to include statistical analysis of potential markets, estimates of growth, identification of client needs, and competitive analyses.
* Identifies, designs and implements new strategies that will increase Cardiac Center program and service utilization.
* Maintains a thorough knowledge of the market and assists in the development of marketing strategies
* Periodically develops, refines and updates referral and survey tools such as fact sheets, educational DVDs and Web Sites.
* Works with the Outreach and Referral Manager to develop and implement survey tools for referring physicians and cardiac families.
* Provides feedback including market intelligence information as appropriate to the Service Line Director and Outreach and Referral Manager.
3. Resource Utilization and Collaboration
* Collaborates with all appropriate CHOP departments to strengthen relationships and facilitate the referral process.
* Meets routinely with strategic internal partners ? Cardiac Center Programs, Cardiology, Nursing, Cardiac Surgery and Cardiac Anesthesia, Lymphatic Program, Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program, CME Office, Marketing, Neonatal Outreach and Fetal Heart Program to ensure consistent messaging to referral audiences and alignment of key program initiatives.
* Marketing and Web Teams - Works with the Web and Marketing Teams to maintain current, accurate information about the Cardiac Center via print or Web. Assists in the development of new content based on the changing needs of the Cardiac Center and our referral base.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
4. Data Management
* Captures, tracks and develops reporting mechanisms on key indicators
* Develops and maintains a physician/referral contacts database.
* Provides referral demographics (reports) and analyses to support departmental growth objectives.
* Establishes and maintains metrics in relation to outreach priorities and departmental initiatives.
* Other data needs as determined by Service Line and Outreach and Referral Director.
* Acts as a resource and mentor for other Cardiac Center staff i.e. intake center staff, cardiology administrative support staff, regarding patient or family processes or procedure inquiries, and complex patient issues.
* Continually evaluates communication processes with all stake holders (referring physicians, hospitals, CHOP Faculty and staff, families/patients, etc.) and recommends strategies to improve if needed.
* Works to educate Cardiac Center team members who communicate with families regarding access questions, cardiac procedures, potential course of hospitalization, etc. as needed opportunities arise.
* Provides coverage or support for the Cardiac Center Outreach and Referral Manager when needed.
6. Other duties as assigned
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
RN - Active License
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Graduation from an ACEN and/or CCNE accredited school of nursing or college
Required Experience: At least three (3) years of prior cardiac nursing experience. Experience in fast-paced and complex pediatric healthcare environment.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree
Preferred Experience: Experience in pediatric CICU
Additional Technical Requirements
* Expertise in pediatric cardiology
* Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Ability to complete multiple tasks and work under pressure.
* Able to adhere to strict deadlines.
* Excellent Customer Service skills, phone etiquette, and communication skills.
* Ability to work independently.
* Excellent organizational and documentation skills.
* Ability to handle confidential materials and information.
* Demonstrate professionalism and a friendly manner with patients, families and other staff.
* Ability to travel on a local, regional and national level.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.