- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
1103 Market St
CHOP EMPLOYEE? SEARCH FOR JOBS HERE.
Philadelphia, PA, US, 19104
Req ID: 26397
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
The Supply Chain Specialist is responsible for supporting new implementations for the Point of Use Inventory management system, the maintenance of the existing locations, and the support of the processes enabled by the Point of Use solution for inventory and patient charging.
The Supply Chain Specialist will facilitate the installation and maintenance of new locations through the review of the inventory data, layout optimization and incorporation of customer and facilities feedback and constraints. This position will report to the Distribution Operations Manager and work closely with the Supply Chain Services team.
This position will also be responsible for demand management and inventory planning for all disposable medical supplies procured through the Low Unit of Measure (LUM) program.
Must be detail, action, and results oriented. Must demonstrate mature judgment in managing responsibilities.
* Reviews and interprets supply chain data from multiple sources in order to support internal customer's demand, and improve the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the logistics operation
* Designing inventory storage layouts for Supply Chain managed inventory locations, equipment storage rooms, and portable gas storage rooms
* Managing stocking levels (high levels, reorder points, critical levels) for these areas and adjusting stocking levels to meet seasonal and census-driven demand
* Review requirements as laid out by the customer or other supply chain staff for supply automation and incorporate those requirements into implementation documents
* Managing product conversions for assigned inventory areas
* Work collaboratively with facilities and nursing staff to prep new areas for the Point of Use installation or rework existing locations for optimized performance
* Install new Point of Use solutions throughout the hospital
* Trouble shoot technical problems with the point of use solution in conjunction with materials distribution staff and Point of Use vendor
* Support new product implementations as required by the materials management operations manager
* Provide reporting on the function of the Point of Use Solution
* Update data required for Point of Use system to continue to function
* Coordinate the purchase and storage of all equipment related the point of use solutions and accompanying equipment
* Communicates product availability issues and status to all organizational stakeholders to include appropriate Supply Chain and clinical personnel as it relates to the LUM program
* Identifies and maintains appropriate sourcing methods for items between storeroom, LUM, and vendor direct
* Maintains and reviews demand forecast estimates for LUM program
* Works with Purchasing to return par items to vendors when necessary
* Follows CHOP procedures for new item and vendor adds to include preparing item and vendor add/change requests
* Analyzes and reports on supply utilization and other performance metrics
* Benchmarking supply costs internally and externally to CHOP
* Supports CHOP cost containment initiatives
* Educates and mentors Supply Chain staff as directed
* Attends meetings with internal customers
* Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: High school diploma/GED
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Finance or related field
Preferred Experience: Experience working in inventory management
Additional Technical Requirements
Experience in the following elements is preferred - ERP Systems, manufacturing and MRP systems, Item master management, Warehouse Management, data analytics
Must have a good understanding of Excel and proficiency in data manipulation
Good basic understanding of computer systems and components
Experience in Par Excellence, Pyxis, or other point of use systems is preferred
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
CHOP EMPLOYEE? SEARCH FOR JOBS HERE.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Medical, Patient Care, ERP, Healthcare, Technology
Associated topics: generalist, inventory control, lead, leader, logistics management, logistics manager, manager, representative, warehouse, warehouse analyst
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...