- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- $69,820.00 -96,690.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
1103 Market St
CHOP EMPLOYEE? SEARCH FOR JOBS HERE.
Hospital Operations & Flow RN Supervisor - full time
Philadelphia, PA, US, 19104
MAIN - Main Hospital Req ID: 27217
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
Responsible for oversight of organizational safety and clinical operations as well as flow. This position provides leadership and direct day to day effective supervision of staff. Acts as a liaison with physicians, patients, families and staff. Schedules personnel and makes patient care recommendations and ensures effective patient throughput activities. Makes administrative decisions, provides direction and authorizes and acts in the absence of the department manager and hospital administration.
* Executes and monitors systems to assure consistent and appropriate resource assignment and utilization.
* Partners with nurse manager to identify and execute annual unit based quality improvement initiatives that result in a measurable impact on quality, cost and resource utilization.
* Assures efficient and cost effective utilization of Hospital resources at the unit level for day to day operations, clinical programming and unit based education.
* Maximizes IT systems to assign staff to meet fluctuations in acuity, census and staffing needs
* Provide leadership for clinical excellence, personnel management, resource management, fiscal accountability and maintenance of positive working relationships with staff, physicians, managers, patients, their families and the public.
* Assures regulatory compliance i.e., environmental, financial, practice, safety, technological, compliance.
* Partners with Clinical leaders to execute the action plans for measurable continuous improvement in care outcomes.
* Executes unit plans to improve patient/family experience by identifying trends, and establishing systems to improve.
* Ensures staff compliance to systems that promote quality, efficient and cost effective care.
* Resources daily operations to ensure nursing sensitive indicator metrics are at or above the mean of comparison units.
* Identifies opportunities for improvement and develops an action plan to improve patient outcomes.
* Make assessment rounds of all patient care areas throughout the hospital at least once per shift. Provide support, guidance, and education for the staff and assists them as needed.
* Keeps managers and directors apprised of bed capacity and barriers to patient placements, including the need to consider treat & transfer.
* Promote problem identification, investigates hospital incidents, facilitate resolution and follow up and communicate as necessary, assists in documentation of incidents.
* Patient Safety Expert who raises safety concerns timely and appropriately.
* Collaborates with physicians and nurses to assure appropriate patient placement
* Creates efficient flow of patients throughout the hospital
* Assures clinically appropriate inpatient bed assignment
* Reviews clinical information for scheduled and emergent patient admissions.
* Expertise in clinical information systems
* Manages staff performance through coaching, counseling, goal setting, anecdotal and annual appraisals.
* Coordinates with other CHOP care team colleagues to support continuous and measurable improvement in systems and process, further engaging staff in their environment.
* Establishes innovative staff recognition programs that acknowledge staff accomplishment at the unit/program level.
* Assesses individual and team needs and deploys strategies that foster the succession plan for the team.
* Aligns resources to assure comprehensive support of the Shared Governance structure; coaches and facilitates staff participation on unit/departmental councils.
* Creates a unit work climate which achieves high level employment engagement as measured through department specific metrics.
* Responsible for administrative decisions and appropriate escalation of issues to the DON/AOC/POL
* Leads and/or participates in Nursing Department initiatives
* Actively participates in the leadership of the Nursing Department
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
* Provides opportunities to allow staff to practice at the full scope of their licensure.
* Assists in developing and deploys systems that assure consistent and appropriate resources for patient management.
* Sets goals with employee to support development.
* Supports evidence-based practice by leading and supporting system improvements and measuring outcomes with concise metrics.
Innovation and Learning
* Supports and resources evidence-based practice planning and implementation of educational program/projects.
* Promotes evidence-based practice and generates research ideas.
* Identifies and participates in the sharing of best practices throughout the department
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) issued through on organization that requires a hands-on instructor lead psychomotor skills verification (ex. American Heart Association or Red Cross) required.
Registered Nursing License in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: BSN.
* Minimum of five (5) years nursing experience with leadership responsibility.
* Experience as a unit leader, charge nurse or other relevant patient flow experience.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: MSN.
Preferred Experience: Two (2) years nursing experience in a pediatric setting
Additional Technical Requirements
* Critical thinking and decisive judgment
* Ability to work independently
* Strong critical thinking skills
* Ability to resolve issues in a positive manner
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications and any applicable clinical software (Kronos, EPIC, Optilink)
* Demonstrates the ability to facilitate change
* Planning and organization/long and short term
* Problem solving
* Ability to influence/change agent
* Conflict management
* Takes initiative
* Excellent leadership ability
* Excellent judgment
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
CHOP EMPLOYEE? SEARCH FOR JOBS HERE.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Nursing, Clinic, Medical, EMR, Information Systems, Healthcare, Technology
Associated topics: asn, bsn, cardiothoracic, care, intensive care unit, neonatal, psychiatric, recovery, surgical, tcu
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...