BUERGER - Buerger Center Ambulatory Care Req ID: 27218
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
This Frontline Receptionist will be located at the Information Desk(s) and/or Welcome Center located in the Main Building and Wood Buildings. Provides assistance and direction to patients, families and visitors to the Hospital. Checks-in and badges all visitors. Relays information about the hospital and works in collaboration with other departments to provide optimum support services to patients and families. Provides cross coverage and serves our families appropriately during emergency situations.
* Works closely in collaboration with other departments (e.g., Social Work, Nursing, Child Life, Security, etc.) to render appropriate support and resource information to families. * Orients families and visitors to family/patient units in assigned area. * Tour with families through the Hospital as needed to familiarize them with available services and family-oriented areas. * Provides information on housing accommodations, transportation, and other services outside of the Hospital. * With input from the Social Work Department, distributes such resources as meal and cab vouchers. * Meets and greets patients, families and visitors to the Hospital. * Circulates throughout the Hospital to provide assistance and directions to patients, families and visitors.
* Provides appropriate patient information in a professional and tactful manner. * Stocks patient/family information flyers/brochures at designated areas throughout the Hospital. * Keeps current with locations of offices, services, etc. within Hospital network.
* Check in/badges all visitors at the Wood Welcome Center(s) or Main Campus Information Desk. * Maintains a visitor restriction file in conjunction with the Security Department. * Answers telephone calls via the patient information lines. * Provides information to vendors, contractors and delivery persons. * Immediately notifies appropriate departments of any conditions that may cause a risk to employees, patients, families and visitors. * Cross-cover as needed to insure adequate staffing of welcome desk and information areas. * Makes suggestions and recommendations for improvements delivery of service to patients, families and visitors.
* Consistently maintains departmental standards of excellence. * Completes mandatory education and recommended training. * Completes all tasks and projects assigned by manage in a timely manner. * Completes Hospital and Departmental mandatory education and training.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: High School/GED
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: Two year degree or college equivalent
Preferred Experience: Experience in customer service
Additional Technical Requirements
* Ability to work well within a team. * Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. * Strong customer service skills. * Particular sophistication in working with families and visitors under tremendous stress. * Good computer skills. * Ability to quickly learn new policies, procedures and processes. * Sensitivity to cultural diversity, differing needs and varying coping styles * Proven ability to problem -solves and follows through with families in crisis. * Ability to prioritize multiple tasks. * Excellent communication skills. * Comfortable speaking to groups. * Sound judgment. * Working knowledge of computers
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
CHOP EMPLOYEE? SEARCH FOR JOBS HERE.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Medical, Patient Care, Healthcare
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.