Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
Create exemplary overall patient and family experiences by providing support systems to families within the CHOP systems. Support families in concert with key internal and external stake holders for programmatic solutions for meeting CHOP family needs. Assess needs of families an provides solutions based on programming options
* Collaborates directly with families in the CHOP organization with highest level of hospitality and professionalism to create support systems including orchestrating the following:
* housing needs including hotels, RMH and other housing options locally
* transportation needs inclusive of airlines, shuttles, taxi and car services and public transit
* Other family support needs including personal care for parents for long term care encounters inpatient and/or outpatient
* Acts as a liaison between families, hospitality services, and clinical teams to assure needs are addressed
* Enacts family orientation program for families during first visit/admission. Collects data around this training in conjunction with coordinator
* Enacts a family assessment program at intake, Strategizes creative solutions to address unique needs
* Utilizes preferred vendor list in community businesses, programs and services to meet family needs
* Collaborate with families and appropriate staff including social work and nursing and others in assessing needs of families on regular basis to assure family needs are addressed as family needs change
* Engages some families in collecting real time feedback regarding hospital experiences in coordination with Patient Experience team model. Tracks data regarding inquiries. Contributes to an annual strategic plan and evaluation of Family Hospitality programming
* Partners closely with social work, nursing and others as direct clinical connection to family needs. Identified other key clinical leads where needed to connect with families.
* Serves as an ambassador of CHOP as national leader in PFE in direct support of families and visitors
* Partners with volunteer efforts in supporting the programming as needed, including multilingual team of volunteers
* Coordinates interactions with International Patient services and Development Concierge where appropriate
* Working understanding of cultural implications to ensure support of international medical travel
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Required Education and Experience
* Minimum of 5 years of related healthcare leadership experience required.
* Customer service background in a healthcare setting preferred.
* Knowledgeable about service delivery systems, including health, education and social services.
* Ability to identify new concerns for the families at CHOP and propose approaches to support the family needs
* Medical terminology
* Excellent oral and written communication skills. Expanded language fluency preferred
* Ability to prioritize and complete duties in a timely and organized manner
* Performs work according to CHOP policies and procedures, professional standards of care, and applicable laws
* Ability to set goals and judge results in accordance with the highest standards; Deliver service with care with sensitivity and respect; promote teamwork to achieve CHOP's mission, and understand and exceed expectations
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
CHOP EMPLOYEE? SEARCH FOR JOBS HERE.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Medical, Patient Care, Travel Nurse, Healthcare