COLKET - Colket Translational Research Req ID: 27059
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
A Facilities Planning Lead is responsible for the coordination of facilities-related planning and design projects including master facilities planning, new construction planning and design, renovation projects planning and design and overall space management and utilization. A Facilities Planner Lead oversees all the planning and design services related to capital or operational projects within the entire Enterprise including all owned or leased properties. He/She oversees and manages work within the Facilities Planning and Design team including highly complex major, concurrent planning and design projects of various sizes. A Facilities Planner Lead participates in coordination with our Real Estate and Project Management Team Leads. Facilities Planners at this level demonstrate a high degree of creativity, foresight and mature judgment in guiding planning projects to meet CHOP project objectives. Project goals are achieved within stipulated budget and established schedule.
* In a leadership capacity, Facilities Planner Lead reviews, supervises, and coordinates a number of large and medium size healthcare, research, support service or workplace planning projects. The extent of his/her responsibilities generally require a few (4-8) subordinate planners/designers with at least one comparable to a Facilities Planner Level II.
* Develops high-level planning concepts and diagrams for large and medium size, concurrent, and complex projects. * Leads the collection of space utilization data of existing space and manages the space utilization dashboard. * Ensures space allocation is in alignment with the needs of the Enterprise Strategic Plan and all relevant Enterprise standards. Manages Facilities Planning and Design Processes and interaction with Enterprise Committees including the Space Allocation Committee. Creates agendas, presentation materials and meeting minutes as required in a timely manner. * Provides design guidance and feedback on exterior and interior design concepts. * Provides design guidance and feedback on all space, finish and decorative standards. * Reviews and maintains furniture specifications and standards. * Routinely monitors and tracks projects that are in the process of being planned and/or designed. * Ensures that all CHOP Enterprise facilities data is up to date and accurate including floor plans and employee locations. * Meets with Users to develop specific concepts. * Makes presentations to CHOP leadership. * Represents Facilities Planning and Design in Enterprise-wide committees. * Works closely with the Director of Facilities Planning and Design on the mission and vision of the Facilities Planning and Design department. * Ensures that planning projects meet or exceed established standards of quality. * Effectively resolves design issues and project scope conflicts with users and participates in resolution with subordinate planners and designers. * Provides effective integration of diverse and conflicting views for the successful development, coordination and implementation of projects. * Exercises initiative, good judgement and diplomacy in resolving project conflicts * Represents the Hospital to outside agencies. * Works independently within established project specific objectives. * Renders decisions of technical, budgetary, administrative, and schedule nature within overall project specific structure. * Provides for effective and timely project communications between parties on a regular basis. * Refers complex and sensitive issues to supervisors for direction and assistance for resolution. * Works with Project Management to develop overall conceptual project budgets for large and medium size complex projects including costs for construction, design fees, furniture, equipment, I.S., Communications, infrastructure costs, and all other miscellaneous costs. * Coordinates with CHOP Regulatory, CHOP Project Management and the Pennsylvania Department of Health (PADOH) for all applicable planning projects. Ensures that all projects meet or exceed requirements and standards as imposed by the Joint Commission for Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. Represents Hospital to other local Authorities having jurisdiction.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
* Responsible for leading multiple, concurrent in-house planning projects of moderate scope, size, and complexity. * Leads in-house studies, designs, and develops project budgets with the assistance of Project Management for projects of moderate size and scope. * Prepares space programs for use in developing planning or space concepts. * Analyzes facility planning and programming information including occupancy, square footage, and impacts of proposed changes. * Responsible for leading and coordinating the planning and design phase of large to medium projects with Architectural and Engineering (A/E) Consultants. * Prepares space programs for use in developing planning or space concepts. * Developing Requests for Proposals (RFP) on Projects of large or medium size, developing project scope and order of magnitude to retain project design services. * Reviews proposals received for thoroughness, responsiveness to RFP, cost and quality with regard to meeting the expectations of the project that is being planned. Makes recommendation to Director of Facilities Planning and Design. * Partners with the A/E throughout the planning, programming and schematic phase of the project to ensure that all requirements of the RFP are fulfilled and project design objectives are met. * Reviews and approves planning concepts developed by outside consultants. * Reviews documentation prepared by outside consultants for conformance to CHOP standards of design/construction and Code compliance. * Checks A/E plans and specifications for adequate documentation, clarity, constructability to avoid future Cost Events/Change Orders. * Insists that the A/E consultants perform field surveys of existing project specific site conditions to avoid later discovery in the field during the construction phase. * Facilitates in providing information to the A/E and the project team concerning CHOP project design and construction standards, existing conditions, and any available \"As-Built\" information. * Ensures that projects meet all program requirements: Balances user needs against overall project objectives. * Draws upon a thorough working knowledge of best practices, benchmarks, codes and constant re-education of code changes and updates to ensure that all projects in planning meet or exceed the latest code or guidline requirements for healthcare facilities (NFPA, AIA Guidelines, etc.) as enforced by the local Authorities having jurisdiction. * Direction of Others: Manages, coordinates, and reviews the work of the project team on assigned projects. Exhibits the ability to provide effective project leadership to meet CHOP project goals and objectives. * Coordinates and communicates the overall project objectives to the project team. * Manages the work of outside Architectural and Engineering Consultants throughout the project planning and design phase. * Schedules project team manpower and assignments to meet milestones, deadlines, and completion dates. * Knowledgeable of other department time sensitive issues and builds adequate time into project schedule to allow for them. * Supervises the work of consultants. Applies pressure as necessary to ensure projects are completed on or ahead of schedule. * May interact with Patients and Families. * Coordinates and collaborates with end users, clinical and support services, outside consultants and vendors.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Registered Architect or Interior Designer or equivalent related experience.
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Bachelor Degree in Architecture or Interior Design or equivalent experience.
Required Experience: Minimum of fifteen- (15) year's progressive experience in the design/management of large, highly complex Healthcare or similar renovation/construction projects
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: Master's Degree in Architecture or Interior Design
Preferred Experience: Over Fifteen (15) years' experience in Healthcare design preferred.
Preferred Licenses/certificates/registrations: Licensure as a Registered Architect or National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ) certification preferred.
Additional Technical Requirements
* Strong supervisory and management skills. * Exercise considerable initiative, good judgement and diplomacy. * Excellent verbal and written communications skills. * Excellent computer skills. * Ability to achieve significant progress on multiple, concurrent objectives. * Strong interpersonal skills and experience in team building, diversity and conflict resolution. * Ability to provide effective leadership. * Ability to operate facilities planning database systems. * Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgement in planning, organizing, and guiding major capital and multiple large projects * Ability to develop and administers facilities planning and design guidance programs. * Exhibits ability to learn new software applications such as Archibus.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
CHOP EMPLOYEE? SEARCH FOR JOBS HERE.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Medical, Database, Patient Care, Project Manager, Healthcare, Technology, Research
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.