COLKET - Colket Translational Research Req ID: 27060
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
A Facilities Planner II is responsible for facilities-related planning and design projects including new construction planning and design, renovation projects planning and design and space management. A Facilities Planner II provides planning and design services related to capital or operational projects within the entire Enterprise including all owned or leased. He/she coordinates work within the Facilities Planning and Design team including complex and concurrent planning and design projects of various sizes. He/she oversees wayfinding, furniture, medical accommodations and space projects. Facilities Planners at this level demonstrate a moderate degree of creativity, foresight and mature judgment in guiding planning projects to meet CHOP project objectives. Project goals are achieved within stipulated budget and established schedule.
* Facilities Planner II reviews and coordinates a number of small and medium size healthcare, research or workplace planning projects. The extent of his/her responsibilities generally require a few (1-2) subordinate planners/designers with at least one comparable to a Facilities Planner Associate.
* Develops planning concept and diagrams for small and medium size projects. * Records space utilization data of existing space and updates the space utilization dashboard. * Ensures space allocation is in alignment with the needs of the Enterprise Strategic Plan and all relevant Enterprise standards. * Provides design input on exterior and interior design concepts. * Provides design input on space, finish and decorative standards. * Creates, reviews and maintains furniture specifications and standards. * Routinely monitors and tracks projects that are in the process of being planned. * Ensures that all CHOP Enterprise facilities data is up to date and accurate including floor plans and employee locations. * Prepares space programs for use in developing planning or space concepts. * Meets with Users to develop specific concepts. * Ensures that planning projects meet or exceed established standards of quality. * Effectively resolves design issues and project scope conflicts. * Provides effective integration of diverse and conflicting views for the successful development, coordination and implementation of projects. * Exercises initiative, good judgement and diplomacy in resolving project conflicts. * Works independently within established project specific objectives. * Provides input on technical, budgetary, administrative, and schedule within overall project specific structure. * Provides for effective and timely project communications between parties on a regular basis. * Refers complex and sensitive issues to supervisors for direction and assistance for resolution. * Works with Project Management to develop overall conceptual project budgets for small to medium size complex projects including costs for construction, design fees, furniture, equipment, I.S., Communications, infrastructure costs, and all other miscellaneous costs. * Coordinates with CHOP Regulatory, CHOP Project Management and the Pennsylvania Department of Health (PADOH) for all applicable planning projects. Ensures that all projects meet or exceed requirements and standards as imposed by the Joint Commission for Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. Represents Hospital to other local Authorities having jurisdiction. * Responsible for leading multiple, concurrent in-house planning projects of moderate scope, size, and complexity. * Prepares in-house studies, designs, and develops project budgets with the assistance of Project Management for projects of small and medium size and scope. * Oversees wayfinding, furniture, artwork selection and medical accommodations. Reviews furniture, finishes and non-major equipment submittals for accuracy and alignment with CHOP standards. * Prepares space programs for use in developing planning or space concepts.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
* Analyzes facility planning and programming information including occupancy, square footage, and impacts of proposed changes. * Reviews and proposes to Director of Facilities Planning and Design all updates to Facilities planning and design standards, allocations and policies. * Responsible for coordinating the planning and design phase of small to medium projects with Architectural and Engineering (A/E) Consultants. * Developing Requests for Proposals (RFP) on Projects of small or medium size, developing project scope and order of magnitude to retain project design services. * Reviews proposals received for thoroughness, responsiveness to RFP, cost and quality with regard to meeting the expectations of the project that is being planned. Makes recommendation to Director of Facilities Planning and Design. * Partners with the A/E throughout the planning, programming and schematic phase of the project to ensure that all requirements of the RFP are fulfilled and project design objectives are met. * Prepares room numbering in line with Enterprise standards. * Reviews planning concepts developed by outside consultants. * Reviews documentation prepared by outside consultants for conformance to CHOP standards of design/construction and Code compliance. * Checks A/E plans and specifications for adequate documentation, clarity, constructability to avoid future Cost Events/Change Orders. * Insists that the A/E consultants perform field surveys of existing project specific site conditions to avoid later discovery in the field during the construction phase. * Facilitates in providing information to the A/E and the project team concerning CHOP project design and construction standards, existing conditions, and any available \"As-Built\" information. * Ensures that projects meet all program requirements: Balances user needs against overall project objectives. * Draws upon a thorough working knowledge of best practices, benchmarks, codes and constant re-education of code changes and updates to ensure that all projects in planning meet or exceed the latest code or guideline requirements for healthcare facilities (NFPA, AIA Guidelines, etc.) as enforced by the local Authorities having jurisdiction. * Direction of Others: Reviews the work of the project team on assigned projects. Exhibits the ability to provide effective project leadership to meet CHOP project goals and objectives. * Coordinates and communicates the overall project objectives to the project team. * Manages the work of Outside Architectural and Engineering Consultants throughout the project planning phase. * Knowledgeable of other department time sensitive issues and builds adequate time into project schedule to allow for them. * Supervises the work of consultants. Applies pressure as necessary to ensure projects are completed on or ahead of schedule. * May interact with Patients and Families. * Coordinates and collaborates with end users, clinical and support services, outside consultants and vendors.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Bachelors in Architecture or Interior Design or equivalent experience
Required Experience: A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years' experience in the design/management of Healthcare or similar renovation/construction projects of small to medium size.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: Masters in Architecture or Interior Design
Preferred Experience: Over Ten (10) years' experience in Healthcare, Research or Workplace Planning and Design preferred.
Preferred Licenses/certificates/registrations: Licensure as a Registered Architect or National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ) certification preferred.
Additional Technical Requirements
* Demonstrates effective leadership and indirect supervision of Diverse Project Team including multiple, internal Departments, Consultants and Contractors. * Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, communication skills and working knowledge of Auto CAD/Revit. * Exhibits ability to learn new software applications such as Archibus. * Exhibits ability to achieve project objectives on multiple, complex planning projects running simultaneously. * Working knowledge of building codes/standards and the application thereof.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
CHOP EMPLOYEE? SEARCH FOR JOBS HERE.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Medical, Developer, Patient Care, Project Manager, Healthcare, Technology, Research
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.