- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- $36,840.00 -78,130.00/year*
1103 Market St
CHOP EMPLOYEE? SEARCH FOR JOBS HERE.
Facilities Planner Associate
Philadelphia, PA, US, 19104
COLKET - Colket Translational Research Req ID: 27115
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
A Facilities Planner Associate performs various project tasks and activities including, but not necessarily limited to, field surveys, layout of plans and diagrams, maintenance of existing data base of drawings, coordination, communication and distribution of project related materials and documents to other project team members. Facility Planner Associate may manage a small to medium planning project of moderate complexity and importance under the supervision of a more senior Facility Planner. He/she will be involved in the design of new construction, renovation projects and space management. He/she develops wayfinding, furniture, medical accommodations and space planning and design projects. Facilities Planners at this level demonstrate a moderate degree of creativity, foresight and mature judgment in guiding planning projects to meet CHOP project objectives.
1. Facilities Planner Associate participates in a number of various healthcare, research or workplace planning projects in conjunction with more senior Facilities Planners.
* Develops planning concept and diagrams for small and medium size projects.
* Provides design input on exterior and interior design concepts.
* Provides design input on space, finish and decorative standards.
* Creates and reviews furniture specifications and standards.
* Routinely monitors and tracks projects that are in the process of being planned.
* Assists that all CHOP Enterprise facilities data is up to date and accurate including floor plans and employee locations.
* Meets with Users to develop specific concepts for small or medium projects.
* Ensures that planning projects meet or exceed established standards of quality.
* Provides effective integration of diverse and conflicting views for the successful development, coordination and implementation of projects.
* Exercises initiative, good judgement and diplomacy in resolving project conflicts.
* Provides for effective and timely project communications between parties on a regular basis.
* Refers complex and sensitive issues to supervisors for direction and assistance for resolution.
* Works with Project Management to develop overall conceptual project budgets for small and medium size projects.
* Coordinates with CHOP Regulatory, CHOP Project Management and the Pennsylvania Department of Health (PADOH) for all applicable planning projects.
2. Responsible for preparing in-house planning projects of moderate scope, size, and complexity.
* Prepares in-house studies, designs, and develops project budgets with the assistance of Project Management for projects of small and medium size and scope.
* Prepares wayfinding, furniture, artwork selection and medical accommodation studies. Reviews furniture, finishes and non-major equipment submittals for accuracy and alignment with CHOP standards.
* Analyzes facility planning and programming information including occupancy, square footage, and impacts of proposed changes.
* Proposes to more senior facilities planners updates to Facilities planning and design standards, allocations and policies.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
3. Participating in the planning and design phase of small to medium projects with Architectural and Engineering (A/E) Consultants.
* Provides assistance developing Requests for Proposals (RFP) on Projects of small or medium size, developing project scope and order of magnitude to retain project design services.
* Review A/E proposals received for thoroughness, responsiveness to RFP, with regard to meeting the expectations of the project that is being planned. Makes recommendation to Director of Facilities Planning and Design.
* Prepares room numbering in line with Enterprise standards.
* Reviews planning concepts developed by outside consultants.
* Reviews documentation prepared by outside consultants for conformance to CHOP standards of design/construction and Code compliance.
* Checks A/E plans and specifications for adequate documentation, clarity, constructability to avoid future Cost Events/Change Orders.
* Observes A/E consultants as they perform field surveys of existing project specific site conditions to avoid later discovery in the field during the construction phase.
* Facilitates in providing information to the A/E and the project team concerning CHOP project design and construction standards, existing conditions, and any available \"As-Built\" information.
* Ensures that projects meet all program requirements: Balances user needs against overall project objectives.
4. Partnership with Others:
* Coordinates and communicates project objectives to the project team.
* Reviews the work of Outside Architectural and Engineering Consultants throughout the project planning phase.
* Coordinates and collaborates with end users, clinical and support services, outside consultants and vendors.
* May interact with Patients and Families.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Bachelors in Architecture or Interior Design or equivalent related experience.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: Bachelors or Masters in Architecture or Interior Design
Preferred Experience: A minimum of one (1) years' experience in projects of small to medium size.
Additional Technical Requirements
* Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, communication skills and working knowledge of Auto CAD and/or Revit.
* Exhibits ability to learn new software applications such as Archibus.
* Exhibits ability to achieve project objectives on multiple planning projects running simultaneously.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
CHOP EMPLOYEE? SEARCH FOR JOBS HERE.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Medical, Patient Care, Project Manager, Healthcare, Research, Technology
Associated topics: administrative support, administration, assistance, assistant, associate, facility, front desk, human resources, mail room, secretary
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...