- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- $150,470.00 -150,470.00/year*
1103 Market St
CHOP EMPLOYEE? SEARCH FOR JOBS HERE.
Director Donor Proposals & Stewardship Communications
Philadelphia, PA, US, 19107
1300 MKT - Wanamaker Building Req ID: 27188
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
The Director, Donor Proposals and Donor Communications reports to the Executive Director of Donor Relations and Stewardship and oversees strategy, planning, timing and production of high-level donor communications including proposals, stewardship reports, features and articles for publications, event narratives, leadership correspondence, informational pieces, campaign communications, and other materials in support of the Foundation's efforts to double its fundraising goals. S/he is comfortable and confident in producing a wide range of sophisticated, visually compelling materials and has a demonstrated track record of writing powerful and engaging external facing copy. S/he will act as the lead figure on the Donor Relations and Stewardship creative team, working closely with the Major Gifts, Principal Giving, and Corporate and Foundation Relations teams to provide timely, engaging, and compelling proposals for gifts of $100,000 and above. S/he will work closely with the Executive Director, Campaign and Strategic Initiatives to ensure that all donor-centric written or visual materials adhere to CHOP branding standards and are in line with hospital fundraising priorities.
The Director is expected to have a high comfort level in writing about pediatric healthcare, a proven understanding of the ways engaging copy can help stakeholders achieve their aims, be able to keep the donor perspective at the center of all efforts, and consistently generate copy that reflects the caliber of CHOP. The Director will ensure that all materials represent hospital programs and research at their highest levels by creating a compelling message that attracts donors at the local, national and international level. The Director will demonstrate imagination, collegiality, and persistence while keeping a clear eye fixed on the Foundation's bold fundraising and engagement goals.
Manage strategy and process, quality and content for all in-house writing projects
* With an eye to process improvement, manage the writing, editorial request and submission process and oversee distribution of assignments to writing staff.
* With the utmost level of quality control, ensure that all materials delivered by writing staff meet CHOP's brand guidelines, style requirements, and standard of excellence.
* Serve as final editor for all high-level donor correspondence and communications handled by the Donor Relations team.
* Proactively strategize and anticipate timeframes, needs and expectations for proposals and stewardship volume. Analyze past departmental output to identify - and then proactively strategize and anticipate timeframes around - \"peaks and valleys\" for proposals and stewardship volume.
Thought and Content Leader for Stewardship Team
* Manage expectations and triage deadlines with gift officers and development department leadership regarding project acceptance, capacity, philanthropic timing, and reasonability.
* Ensure that content and type of deliverable are appropriate for the intended audience, while at the same time ensuring that clinician/physician/researcher messages are represented.
* Partnering with the Senior Art Director - manage expectations for all stakeholders regarding the vision for the most impactful deliverable at the appropriate time in the donor's philanthropic cycle.
Drive an individual portfolio of high level writing projects
* Serve as principal writer for a significant portfolio of captivating print and electronic projects such as gift funding proposals for Principal gift-level ($5 million or higher) individuals, corporations, and other organizations; campaign-related informational and promotional materials; annual stewardship reports for select donors; and other materials as needed.
* Meet with clinicians, physicians, researchers, leadership, and other staff to gather information and content for summaries, proposals, and stewardship reports at the principal giving level.
* Working closely with the Senior Art Director, employ strong visual and conceptual skills to create proposals, stewardship reports, campaign communications, giving and leadership society communications, and other materials as needed.
Write other high level, high priority materials
* Working closely with Executive Director, Campaigns and Strategic Initiatives, and Marketing department, contribute features and articles to the CEO newsletter, Philanthropy Report, e-newsletter, and other publications upon request.
* Create or edit high-level talking points, copy embedded in videos, and other narrative information for key donor events.
Supervise and manage a team of proposal writers
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
* At least ten (10) years of writing and editing experience in fundraising, public relations, communications, or donor relations.
* Supervisory experience.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, English/Literature, Journalism or similar field.
Preferred Experience: At least five (5) years' direct experience in health care philanthropy or in an academic setting.
Additional Technical Requirements
* Portfolio that demonstrates sophisticated level of ability to write persuasively, especially while conveying scientific concepts to a lay audience
* Proficient with desktop design software and creative tools such as InDesign
* Consistently displays a strong sense of ownership over the quality and timeliness of work, with a sharp eye for detail both with copy and graphic design
* Driven to meet and exceed the needs of CHOP's donors; leadership; gift officers; peers; and supervisors
* Manages a diverse array of individual projects and is proactive in balancing work load
* Builds partnerships with multiple stakeholders
* Constantly aims to minimize institutional risk and maintain confidentiality
* A sincere appreciation for people and how they are each uniquely motivated.
* Poised and engaging, empathetic communications style based on natural warmth and enthusiasm.
* Fast-paced and results oriented with the ability to work in a timely manner with multiple deadlines and competing requirements.
* Strong written, presentation, verbal, organizational, and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to relate well to individuals from diverse backgrounds.
* Demonstration of good judgement, professionalism and the highest standards of ethical conduct.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
CHOP EMPLOYEE? SEARCH FOR JOBS HERE.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Medical, Embedded, Patient Care, Pediatric, Healthcare, Technology, Research
Associated topics: business, cmo, demand, event, market, marketplace, media, policies, public, stewardship
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...