ROBERTS - Roberts Ctr Pediatric Research Req ID: 27371
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
Entry-level clinical research assistant. Recruits and consents participants and coordinates scheduling and follow-up. Conducts data collection with research participants. Maintains a status report to be reviewed by the Principal Investigator and/or Research Coordinator. Assists in IRB preparation, data collection, storage, data entry, and simple data analysis. Participates in grant related meetings with Principal Investigator and/or Research Coordinator and research team when appropriate to gain a better understanding of protocol issues and project developments. Assists in manuscript preparation, presentation development, and grant report preparation.
Providing technical and clinical support in the conduct of clinical studies:
* Filing and office organization * Patient/research participant scheduling * Patient/research participant history * Data collection * Data entry * Data management * Laboratory procedures
Research Study Compliance
* Adhere to an IRB approved protocols * Comply with Institutional policies, SOPs and guidelines * Comply with federal, state, and sponsor policies
May be called upon to:
* Consent subjects, with appropriate authorization and training. * Document and Report adverse events * Maintain study source documents * Complete case report forms (paper and electronic data capture)
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
* Preparation of study packets. * Collects and inputs data on patients in RedCAP. * Prepare and review charts for completion. * Enrolls subjects into the clinical studies. * Develop, administer and complete subject surveys. * Assists with development of study presentations. * Assists with IRB-related activities, manuscripts, grant reports, and presentations * Conducts summary statistics and simple inferential statistics using Stata statistical software
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Associates Degree or active enrollment in a Bachelor's Degree Program
Required Experience: One (1) year of relevant clinical research experience.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
* Bachelor's degree in any field of study. * Familiarity with Microsoft Office software * Entry-level position - no formal work experience required.
Additional Technical Requirements
* Ability to perform assigned tasks while working under direct supervision. * Able to work accurately, work well with others, and pay strict attention to detail. * Must be adaptable to do work which is varied, and requires an intellectual and professional approach. * Requires a high degree of flexibility of skills and hours. * Excellent typing skills.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
CHOP EMPLOYEE? SEARCH FOR JOBS HERE.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Clinic, Medical, Medical Research, Clinical Research, Healthcare, Research