- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- $46,700.00 -64,900.00/year*
Healthcare - Allied Health
1103 Market St
CHOP EMPLOYEE? SEARCH FOR JOBS HERE.
Child Life Specialist - Inpatient Rehab Unit - part-time/benefitted
Philadelphia, PA, US, 19104
Req ID: 26153
Employment Status: AP - Active - Regular - Part Time
The Child Life Specialist functions as a member of the healthcare team who practices at the beginner level and is clinically trained on the developmental impact of illness and injury. The Child Life Specialist is responsible for supporting patients and their family members in the health care setting by providing developmentally appropriate and therapeutic interventions with the goals of optimizing growth and development, reducing pain, fear, and anxiety, and to cope with the stress and uncertainty of illness, injury, disability, and loss.
* Provides child life services to patients and family members, including developmentally appropriate therapeutic play and activities, education, procedural preparation, coping facilitation, and support as it relates to their illness and medical treatment.
* Assesses, individualizes, and evaluates plan of care based on patient/family physical, developmental, emotional, and recreational needs.
* Collaborates with patients, families, and interdisciplinary team members to integrate goals and plans to promote optimal patient care that is family-centered, developmentally appropriate, psychosocially sound, and in alignment with CHOP's ICARE values.
* Participates in the weekday, weekend, and holiday-on-call rotation, as assigned.
* Demonstrates compliance with patient care documentation and Hospital policies.
* Provides training, supervision, and feedback to volunteers and practicum students.
* Participates in tasks, initiatives, and/or committees that support departmental operations and/or enhances one's professional development.
* Serves as a financial steward by implementing cost effective programming, adhering to budget constraints, and supporting efforts to raise funds through donor contributions.
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Bachelors Degree
Required Experience: Completed Child Life internship
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: Master's degree in Child Life, Child Development, Family Studies, Counseling, or Psychology.
Preferred Experience: Completed Therapeutic Recreation internship
Preferred Licenses/certificates/registrations: Child Life Specialist Certification (CCLS), Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS)
Additional Technical Requirements
* Knowledge of infant, child, and adolescent growth and development.
* Experience working with infants, children, and adolescents.
* Ability to prioritize and complete duties in a timely and organized manner.
* Work collaboratively and in a positive manner with others.
* Ability to work independent.
* Perform work according to CHOP policies and procedures, professional standards of care, and applicable laws.
* Ability to set goals, prioritize, and achieve results in accordance with the highest standards.
* Understands and promotes CHOP's mission
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
CHOP EMPLOYEE? SEARCH FOR JOBS HERE.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Rehabilitation, Medical, Patient Care, Behavioral Health, Recreation Therapy, Healthcare
Associated topics: creative, ctrs, dance, drama therapy, experiential, expressive art, music, rec, recreational, recreational therapist
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...