Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist - Pediatric General Anesthesia
Philadelphia, PA, US, 19104
Req ID: 23364
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
A CRNA is a member of the anesthesiology care team which administers anesthesia to patients. All case assignment is determined by an Anesthesiologist by demonstrating the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to provide anesthesia care appropriate to the neonatal, pediatric and adolescent population. The CRNA implements the mission, vision, and values of The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine and Children's Anesthesiology Associates, Ltd. The CRNA participates in departmental and hospital programs for Quality Assessment and Improvement by identifying opportunities to improve services, making recommendations and implementing actions as appropriate and consistent with the goals of The Children Hospital of Philadelphia, Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine and Children's Anesthesiology Associates, Ltd.
Patient Management ? Anesthesiology
All performed under the direct supervision of an attending Anesthesiologist
* Pre-anesthetic evaluation, determination of appropriateness of preparation and physical status of patient for anesthesia and operation as scheduled, physical exam, appropriate lab and radiological studies as indicated, and discussion of anesthesia management and risks
* Conduct of general, regional, or local anesthesia and monitored anesthesia care in appropriate locations, including:
* Selection, ordering, and administration of anesthetics, muscle relaxants, and other adjuvant drugs
* Monitoring and support of vital functions, including but not limited to, management of ventilation and administration of fluids and blood products
* Ordering and administration of potent analgesics and sedatives to control pain in the perioperative period
* Airway management and cardiopulmonary resuscitation
* Vascular access by percutaneous techniques as required, including arterial cannulation and catheterization of central veins, pulmonary arteries, and internal jugular veins
* Provision of post-anesthetic care including:
* Airway management and cardipulmonary resuscitation
* Determination of recovery from anesthesia including level of consciousness, cardiopulmonary stability, and recovery from neuromuscular blockade
* Level of surveillance required by the patient's condition
* Approval of patient discharge from the Post Anesthesia Care Unit
This section for those with privileges in Cardiac Anesthesia:
Conduct of general and regional anesthesia, including the selection and administration of anesthetics, muscle relaxants, and other adjuvant drugs and monitoring and support of vital functions for:
* Catheterization lab procedures in patients with pulmonary hypertension institution of ECMO, Ventricular Assist Devices
* Vascular access by arterial cut down
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Board Certified Nurse Anesthetist
Current unrestricted license as a registered nurse in Pennsylvania and any other states as required by the Department based on job duties
Must maintain Certificate of APN/Prescriptive Authority where required.
Must maintain ACLS, PALS, and BCLS
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Masters or doctorate degree in nursing, from a Nurse Anesthesia program.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Additional Technical Requirements
* Interpersonal skills and leadership working with people.
* Ability to complete duties and responsibilities under pressure.
* Manages priorities and workload quick and accurately.
* Knowledge of word processing, electronic mail, spreadsheets, etc.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines and handle confidential matters professionally.
* Excellent phone etiquette.
* Must be able to work flexible schedule.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
CHOP EMPLOYEE? SEARCH FOR JOBS HERE.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Neurology, Medical, Nursing, Medical Technologist, Registered Nurse, Healthcare
Associated topics: care, coronary, intensive care, maternal, nurse clinical, psychatric, recovery, registered nurse, surgery, surgical
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.