Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
This role performs a variety of Cardiac, Fetal and MRI procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail.
1.Performs all MRI techniques and examinations according to the procedures determined by the Radiologists.
* Maintains constant attention to patients assigned to the technologist for examination 100% of the time * Produces optimal MRI images for the purpose of diagnostic interpretation 100% of the time. * Selects proper technical factors, coils, restraining devices and operated MRI equipment as directed 100% of the time. * Provides protection in accordance with prescribed MR safety standards to ensure the well being of patients, hospital personnel, general public and self while performing any duties 100% of the time.
2.Identifies and archive patient's images. Maintain records of exams.
* Responsible for proper identification on images including patient identification and patient demographics 100% of the time. * Maintains appropriate records of examinations and MRI procedure log 100% of the time. * Maintains the integrity and efficiency of the Radiology Information System 100% of the time.
3.Conducts self in a professional manner
* Subject to on-call status including weekends and holidays. * Refers to the MRI Team Leader any unresolved problems relating to staffing, morale, work methods, discipline and other activities 100% of the time. * Promotes professionalism, continuing education and staff development 100% of the time.
4.Participates in the formal in-service program provided for Radiology Complex 95%.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) certification by The American Society of Radiologic Technologists within one (1) year of placement into position.
Required Education and Experience
* High School Diploma / GED with a certificate of program completion from a Radiology School.
Required Experience: Five (5) years of MRI experience
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Experience: Pediatric experience
Additional Technical Requirements
* Provide specific knowledge and skills required for the job: * Knowledge of all forms of MRI Imaging * Knowledge of information systems for transferring data * Knowledge of Radiology Information Systems * Works independently of supervision * Good organizational skills * Excellent phone etiquette and communication skills * Provides Family Centered Care * Integrates knowledge and assessment of child and family (Age-Specific Competency)
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
CHOP EMPLOYEE? SEARCH FOR JOBS HERE.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Cardiac, Medical Technologist, MRI, Medical, Information Systems, Healthcare, Technology