- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- $56,140.00 -79,760.00/year*
Healthcare - Allied Health
1103 Market St
CHOP EMPLOYEE? SEARCH FOR JOBS HERE.
Business Mgr II - Radiology
Philadelphia, PA, US, 19104
Req ID: 25368
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
This role oversees the daily operational management of the business and financial activities of the department, including financial report analysis and preparation of variance reports, accounts payable, payroll and other related activities.
This role also provides direct supervision of department administrative support staff.
* Manage financial activities as described below:
* Prepare and analyze annual budgets for the division(s) and related templates
* Prepare and reconcile financial reports including monthly, quarterly, by faculty, and by division. Provide Variance reports as needed.
* Conduct financial analyses including profit/loss by faculty and/or division, financial feasibility of programs, revenue / collections, and break-even analyses.
* Ensure optimal utilization of financial resources, including practice funds, special purpose accounts, endowed chair monies, research funds flow and grant funds
* Act as departmental liaison with regards to practice business matters.
* Prepare and submit employee/faculty salary allocations for approval; Ensure proper adjustments (annual/bonus/otherwise) are recorded
* Maintain confidential files and information, such as budgets, salaries, related benefits, and employee records.
2.Prepare and monitor divisional budgets
* Analyze reports and verify the accuracy of expenditures and resolve discrepancies
* Prepare monthly and quarterly operational expense reports and summaries for review
* Prepare quarterly projections including available funding for special purpose and clinical/research grant accounts.
* Assist accounting teams with closeout process of division accounts.
* Complete requested, ad-hoc and mandated reporting and analysis
3.Oversee all purchase activities.
* Review and authorize low value purchase requests; Review and escalate high-value purchase requests.
* Ensure completion and payment of warranty and service contracts, including entering and maintaining purchase orders.
* Assist employees in the coordination of purchase repairs or returns as needed.
4.Oversee payment of all operational expenses.
* Prepare check requests for divisional expenditures.
* Review reimbursement requests to ensure compliance with relevant policies;
* Provide guidance on staff completion of travel and expense reimbursement requests.
5.Provide financial and operational leadership to the department
* Provide administrative leadership and support
* Participate on project teams, work groups and committees
* Assist in Business Development activities
* Other projects and duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: High School/GED.
* Three (3) years of accounting, finance, or business operation experience.
* One (1) year of managerial or supervisory experience.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or related field.
Preferred Experience: Previous supervisory experience.
* Five (5) years of accounting, finance, or business operation experience.
* Three (3) years of managerial or supervisory experience.
* Three (3) years of experience in a healthcare related environment.
Additional Technical Requirements
* Advanced proficiency with financial accounting software (Lawson)
* Advanced proficiency with business intelligence software (Business Objects)
* Advanced proficiency with spreadsheet software (Microsoft Excel)
* Intermediate proficiency with word processing software (Microsoft Word)
* Intermediate proficiency with electronic medical record software (EPIC)
* Basic knowledge of medical terminology and protocols
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent time management skills
* Excellent organizational skills
* Ability to gather, analyze and make recommendations/decisions based on data
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
CHOP EMPLOYEE? SEARCH FOR JOBS HERE.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Medical, EMR, Radiology, Patient Care, Administrative Assistant, Healthcare, Administrative
Associated topics: arrt, cardiac, cath laboratory, catheterization, computerized, diagnostic, mammographer, rad, radiographer, radiology
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...