- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- $34,180.00 -44,860.00/year*
Healthcare - Allied Health
1103 Market St
CHOP EMPLOYEE? SEARCH FOR JOBS HERE.
Blood Bank Operational Supv - 42026
Philadelphia, PA, US, 19104
MAIN - Main Hospital Req ID: 27231
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
Works in collaboration with The Blood Bank Technical Manager and Blood Bank Quality Manager to support all aspects of laboratory operations and quality including the CHOP blood bank laboratory, satellite locations, hospital tissue management, and stem cell. Determines and enforces regulatory requirements for AABB(American Association of Blood Banks), CAP (College of American Pathologists), FDA( Food and Drug Administration), Joint Commission (JC) and state as applicable. Manages daily work flow in the laboratory, provides support for complex serological investigations, performs bench testing (as appropriate), works with Blood Bank Leadership to identify and implement performance improvement initiatives, conduct audits, review testing methods, and policy and procedure manuals. Actively participates in operational meetings and hospital committee meetings as appropriate. Assists Blood Bank Technical Manager in monitoring the Department's budget and workload.
* Manages the daily work including preparing schedules for day, evening and overnight shift schedules, and manages attendance policies.
* Contributes to positive outcomes and professionalism in the laboratory which promotes the cultural expectations of CHOP
* Organizes the continuing education (CE) in the laboratory and records evidence of CE in employee files. Also participates in CE for CHOP residents and fellows.
* Performs review of all blood bank serology and transfusion reaction documentation as delegated. Performs final and annual review of all new/revised standard operating procedures (SOPs), labels and forms, validation/qualification protocols and summaries as delegated. Participates as a member in the Quality Management Team to provide review and tracking and trending analysis of all operational occurrences and/ or planned deviations, including hospital incidents (Safety Net). Ensures adequate corrective actions have been performed and deemed effective.
* Participate in all Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities. Prepare quality management reports and participate in the monthly Clinical Laboratory CQI meeting or assigns designee, the monthly Transfusion Committee and the weekly Blood Bank Directors meeting and monthly Quality Management Team Meeting.
* Works with Blood Bank Manager to ensure document control of the department SOPs, labels and forms including oversight of change control. Ensures all electronic and hard copy documentation available to staff is current and obsolete documentation is properly archived and available upon request.
* Supports operational management in hosting external audits/inspections, communication with and reporting to all regulatory agencies, representation on hospital-wide committees, and quality assurance duties including audits as delegated and/or described in the audit calendar and/or quality plan
* Works with Blood Bank Quality Manager to coordinate the development, review and approval of training and educational programs for all personnel. This responsibility will include new employee orientation, cGMP, SOP and QA training as well as technical, supervisory, managerial and computer system training, and ensuring that personnel are appropriately qualified to perform these tasks.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
9. Responsible for the overall Equipment Management Program including preventive maintenance (PM) and repairs, documents review of maintenance checks and repairs, coordinates with satellite facilities for PM and repairs, assists in the selection of new equipments, creates validation plans, performs validation and PM prior to equipment placed into use
10. Creates and revises existing SOPs and policies, trains staff and ensures compliance of SOPs and and policies.
11. Lead investigations for error management and assists with implementing corrective and preventive action and follow up. Enters incidents into Occurrence Report Database, documents all process steps in database, completes reports and submits reports to quality assurance for review, coordinates review and response of SafetyNet Incidents with Quality Manager and Technical Manager
12. Ensures review and sign off on QC records or delegates as appropriate
13. Provides input on audit schedule, conducting audits, resolving audit findings, education of staff on audit findings and determines the need for performance improvement based on audit findings.
14. Selects processes that require performance improvement, trains staff on new process changes, writes validations and performs validation or assigns designee for process changes
15. Directs or assists new test development and validation of new testing
16. Assist in the preparation of the Annual Report
17. Other duties as assigned
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Required Education and Experience
Bachelors of Science degree
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
* B.S. in Medical Technology (SBB preferred)
* Minimum five years of experience in a Blood Bank (Pediatric Blood Bank Experience Preferred)
* Experience with GTP's GMP's and external assessments of AABB, CAP, JC & FDA.
* Demonstrated technical excellence in blood banking
* High degree of familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
Additional Technical Requirements
* Ability to work independently
* Strong writing and presentation skills
* Excellent communications and group facilitation skills
* Ability to manage competing responsibilities and work well with others to meet project timelines.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
CHOP EMPLOYEE? SEARCH FOR JOBS HERE.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Blood Bank, Medical, Pathology, Phlebotomy, Medical Technology, Healthcare
Associated topics: blood, blood lab, blood processor, ndc, phleb, phlebotomist, pool, processor, smmc, specimen
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...