- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- $55,670.00 -118,940.00/year*
1103 Market St
CHOP EMPLOYEE? SEARCH FOR JOBS HERE.
Biomedical Technician I
Philadelphia, PA, US, 19104
MAIN - Main Hospital Req ID: 27385
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
The Biomedical Technician I performs safety checks, repairs, and preventive maintenance on patient monitoring systems, EKG machines, electrosurgical units, defibrillators, electronic thermometers, patient beds, incubators, infusion devices and other biomedical instrumentation. The BMET I works under the direction and/or guidance more senior personnel and assures that all clinical instrumentation in assigned areas are operating safely, accurately in accordance with manufacturer's and/or the Biomedical Engineering departments' performance specifications . In addition, the BMET I will perform all other duties as assigned by the supervisor or service manager. This position will be an off-site position to support for all off-site locations. There will be a CHOP vehichle available for travel between locations.
* Maintains an identifiable & professional appearance. Follows all applicable hospital and department policies & procedures. Maintains a clean, organized, safe & quiet work area. Active participant in meetings and on committees. Identifies and addresses own learning needs. Demonstrates knowledge, ability & sensitivity to effectively render services based on patient base, their families and environment of care.
* Repairs defective equipment to manufacturer's specifications. Troubleshoots problem in a logical & methodical manner. Receives assistance and guidance from more experienced personnel. Uses appropriate tools, test equipment, technical manuals and manufacturer support as necessary. Able to work with and take direction from others as requested and/or directed. Maintains appropriate & sufficient tools to perform assigned work, replacing lost or defective tools as appropriate. Employs electrostatic protection as appropriate. Exercises proper infection control techniques when performing repairs. Identifies and orders appropriate replacement parts (with assistance as required) according to established repair turn-a-round ordering guidelines, performing follow-up on part orders as necessary. Informs user of repair status as appropriate. Evaluates equipment failures (with assistance as required) to identify user errors or manufacturing defects, providing feedback to users & management as appropriate. Begins repair work within forty-eight (48) hours of receipt of equipment, completing repairs within seventy-two (72) hours of start of repair.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
* Performs preventive maintenance, electrical safety & functional testing in accordance with prescribed protocols Performs preventive maintenance in accordance with department and/or manufacturer's documented protocols. Performs repairs (with assistance as required) found during performance of preventive maintenance to manufacturer's specifications. Affixes inspection, calibration & information stickers to equipment as applicable. Makes procedural recommendations as deemed appropriate. Completes ninety-eight percent (98%) of all scheduled inspections within the thirty (30) day inspection period. Informs supervisor when inspection completion percentage will not be met and develops an action plan to accomplish the same.
* Ensures accuracy of clinical equipment inventory by creating work orders to cover all unscheduled work, documenting all relevant information such as parts, service codes, labor time, test data or other pertinent information, maintaining a (98%) data accuracy ratio. Closes work orders within three (3) days of work completion and completes all scheduled work by the end of the month. Inventories incoming equipment, accurately documenting all pertinent data on inventory control cards. Ensures equipment status is up-to-date, providing Data Entry Coordinator with equipment status changes within three (3) days of discovery. Submits all completed scheduled work order data to Data Entry Coordinator on a weekly basis.
* Assembles, inventories, inspects & delivers incoming capital equipment. Provides support to department Projects' team as directed.
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: High School diploma / GED
Required Experience: At least one (1) year related experience
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: Graduation from a Biomedical Equipment Technology (BMET), Electronic Engineering Technologist (EET) Training Program or Associates Degree in related field
Preferred Experience: Experience in a hospital setting as an employee, contractor, intern, or Co Op Preferred Licenses/certificates/registrations: ICC, BMET or EET certification or candidacy
Additional Technical Requirements
* Knowledge of human anatomy & physiology and familiarity with the healthcare environment.
* Knowledge of both analog and digital circuitry and Biomedical Instrumentation.
* Basic troubleshooting skills.
* Good communication skills.
* Basic organizational & time management skills.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
CHOP EMPLOYEE? SEARCH FOR JOBS HERE.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Technician, Physiology, Medical, Patient Care, Cardiac, Technology, Healthcare
Associated topics: biological engineer, biomedical, bioprocess, bioprocessing, biosynthetic, enzyme, medical, molecular, parenteral, therapeutic
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...