- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- $87,590.00 -158,170.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
1103 Market St
CHOP EMPLOYEE? SEARCH FOR JOBS HERE.
Associate Chief Nursing Officer - Advanced Practice and Ambulatory Nursing
Philadelphia, PA, US, 19104
Under the overall direction of the System Chief Nursing Officer, the VP/ACNO Nursing and Clinical Care Services is responsible for providing leadership in planning, directing, coordinating, providing and improving health care services consistent with hospital policies, objectives and standards for quality nursing care. Participates in the development of new educational and research programs for expansion of nursing and patient care services. Under general direction, the VP/ACNO will be assigned direct hospital nursing activities in accordance with defined hospital policies and objectives. In the absence of the System Chief Nursing Officer, the VP/ACNO represents the System Chief Nursing Officer and assumes responsibility for the entire scope of the System Chief Nursing Officer's responsibilities.
1. In collaboration with other department leaders, develop and implement a visionary transformational model for professional practice that will:
* Provide consistency of practice across the full continuum of care
* Enhance collaboration and shared resources among inpatient units, ambulatory network and clinical programs
* Lead and assure that the highest national standard of pediatric practice, research, education, and leadership is achieved across the health system and within their scope of responsibility.
2. Lead and champion the development, introduction, and evaluation of a care delivery model to support professional practice in a constantly changing patient care environment. This model would include a systems perspective, collaboration across disciplines, accountability, solution seeking, enhanced communication, financial acumen, strategic thinking/analysis, vision, innovation, and lifelong learning.
3. Participate in the development and implementation of a system wide nursing, clinical care services, and Advanced Practice Provider workforce strategy, responding to the growing clinical needs of the organization in collaboration with Human Resources. The framework should include matters related to resource utilization, recruitment, retention, competencies, professional practice, nursing education, and work-life conditions.
4. In collaboration with the System CNO, set the annual budget for the department and assure appropriate allocation of budgeted resources in areas of responsibility. Develop fiscal policies and operating practices which maximize productivity, efficiency and cost effectiveness, which enable the department and the organization to meet financial and operational performance goals.
5. Participate in system-wide long-range strategic planning activities as an active member of the CHOP leadership team with an emphasis on patient focused care management, identifying and building upon clinical centers of excellence and nursing, clinical care services, and advanced practice provider practice across the hospital system and within areas of responsibility. As a member of the CHOP leadership team, provide advice, guidance, and direction regarding clinical and administrative related issues.
6. Work in partnership with medical staff and other clinical leadership to develop long-term strategies for clinical program development and seamless, efficient clinical care delivery.
7. Be accountable for compliance with all accreditation agencies related to clinical care and practice.
8. Serve, with high visibility, as a colleague and mentor to staff and strongly encourage participation in joint decision-making related to the administration and clinical practice at CHOP, and attainment of the Ideal Patient Experience.
9. Create an organizational climate which supports and values diversity, and which recognizes the contributions of staff from diverse backgrounds.
10. Represent CHOP at key local, state, and national forums.
11. Maintain strong relationships with faculty in the other academic centers, in order to enhance education and research at both the undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate level.
12. Work collaboratively with community leaders to develop partnerships to benefit the children of the region.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
National certification in area of specialty.
RN License in the Commonwealth of PA or NJ as needed based on position location.
Required Education and Experience
* BSN and Master's Degree in Nursing, Public Health, Healthcare Administration, or a related field.
* A minimum of ten (10) years of nursing experience, including at least five (5) years of progressive leadership experience.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: Doctorial preparation
Preferred Experience: Five (5) years leadership experience at the Director level in a complex academic environment
Additional Technical Requirements
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively at the executive level.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work and communicate with all levels of the organization. The ability to develop strong working relationships with others based on mutual respect and trust.
* Superb leadership qualities; a consensus builder able to work both independently and collaboratively.
* Facilitator with excellent presentation skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively as both a team leader and team member and promote collaboration among all levels of staff, administration and physicians.
* A leader who is comfortable sharing decision-making with colleagues, leadership, and the medical staff.
* Expert communication skills exemplified by timely follow-up, meeting participation, effective negotiating skills, the ability to summarize and frame issues, discussions, conclusions, and develop effective communication plans.
* Demonstrated ability to mentor and develop leadership staff; to engage, empower and motivate others, and to appropriately delegate to assigned staff.
* Ability to establish an environment that supports staff and professional practice and to retain and develop professionals.
* Experience in developing and implementing innovative and effective patient care models that yield positive patient outcomes and high patient satisfaction.
* Knowledge of the Magnet recognition process is required with experience in a Magnet organization preferred.
* Financial management and analysis experience in health care
* Thinks proactively and strategically with sound business and strategic planning skills.
* Ability to maneuver through complex political situations effectively with; informal influence skills.
* Ability to analyze financial data.
* Project management skills.
* Solid working knowledge of process innovation methodology.
CHOP EMPLOYEE? SEARCH FOR JOBS HERE.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Nursing, Medical, Patient Care, Public Health, Registered Nurse, Healthcare
Associated topics: asn, care unit, coronary, infusion, intensive, mhb, neonatal, psychiatric, registered nurse, transitional
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...