Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
This role is responsible for administration and support functions related to the recruitment, orientation and on-boarding of new faculty, academic support staff, and physicians.
1. In collaboration with the divisions, coordinate internal and external communication activities related to recruitment, orientation and on-boarding
* Assist with VISA applications and documents and manage concerns related to VISA and/or immigration status for faculty. * Post internal and external faculty ads including conducting additional outreach to minority and women societies. * Provide administrative support for new faculty/physician annual orientations. * Review benefits/COBRA issues with candidates. * Send, track and follow up regarding welcome communications and program requirements to new faculty, academic staff, physicians and assistant professors. * Conduct annual New Faculty Welcome Orientation sessions. * Disseminate meeting and workshop information to various stakeholders. * Working with information systems (web team) to update the staff directories upload physician CVs and photos onto intranet and internet websites.
2. Collaborate with and provide support to the Divisions for new physicians/faculty
* Ensure program enrollment, registration and completion. * Draft related documentation including offer letters and employment agreements. * Partner with related services to complete onboarding/clearance processes including physician referral services and human resource / talent acquisitions.
3. Provide administrative support during the interview process
* Assist with questions and providing materials related to logistics including travel, lodging, benefits, real estate, area schools, and other miscellaneous items. * Act as a central informational resource during recruitment and orientation. * Provide support to Divisional/Departmental search committees including the completion and collection of Affirmative Action forms for new hires.
4. Maintain files, records and related service including visa applications and tracking advertisements.
* Collect and electronically file all signed offer letters and Employment Agreements for new physicians. * Ensure all divisional ads are up-to-date and provide cost and website locations.
5. Maintain faculty databases.
* Act as a central resource for the Faculty Expertise Database (FEDS) system. * Request the creation of FEDS profiles and confirm divisional access.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Bachelor's degree
* Three (3) years of administrative or coordination experience.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
* Five (5) years of administrative or coordination experience. * Previous experience in academic and healthcare related environments.
Additional Technical Requirements
* Intermediate proficiency with office software (Microsoft Office) including word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) * Excellent verbal and written communications skills * Excellent customer service skills * Strong time management skills * Strong organizational skills * Ability to work independently with minimal supervision * Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism * Ability to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
CHOP EMPLOYEE? SEARCH FOR JOBS HERE.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Medical, Information Systems, Administrative Assistant, Patient Care, Database, Healthcare, Technology, Administrative
Associated topics: accountant i, administrative assistant iii, administrative support, administrative support specialist, adminv, budget, business support, client, information technology support consultant, support
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.