CEVA Logistics is currently hiring a Supply Chain Engineer located in Seattle, WA. In this role, the Engineer provides the SCS Business Development, Account management and Operational teams with hands-on expert supply chain analysis support and technical expertise to drives efficient and professional methodology to execute supply chain optimization projects for technology customer.
In this high-visibility position, the Supply Chain Engineer will:
* Work with 4PL Global Account leaders to provide potential savings and improvements areas within existing or proposed customer supply processes/practices through the use of selected software tools (CAST, Paragon, Qlikview, Tableau, etc.) * Participate in customer project teams as supply chain expert, using software tools for simulation and developing alternative supply chain scenarios * Create and evaluate alternative supply chain scenarios following specific customer requirements.
Summary of Key Accountabilities:
* Understand the customer business unit requirements and be able to translate timely results while utilizing IT expertise to influence CEVA's IT understanding and output. * Manage multiple projects (Business scenarios/Supply chain studies) with SCS solution design, supply chain engineers and operations teams across potentially conflicting timescales to ensure agreed project deadlines are achieved * Develop and maintain engineering best practices / case studies knowledge base, including supply chain optimization and related topics * Define benchmarks from comparable industry specific networks in co-operation with other company engineers and designers * Undertake research on specific customer/prospective markets and service offerings, conducting customer visits and developing appropriate client/sector contacts. * Develop relationships with account managers and local and regional BD teams. Transfer strategic supply chain knowledge to team members.
Education and Experience:
* Equivalent of a Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Industrial Engineering or Supply Chain Management with a Master's degree preferred * At least 5 - 7 years of Supply Chain engineering experience, including an understanding of global transport and value added logistics (air/ocean/ground) * 3+ years relevant supply chain working experience (e.g. simulation, modelling, manufacturing planning, and supply chain flow optimization)
Additional Skills and Experience that Contribute to Success:
* Profound understanding of supply chain modelling and supply chain design as well as supply chain solutions engineering. * Strong affinity with IT systems and the related impact/benefits to solution design * In-depth understanding of complex supply chain solutions and the deployment of value creating/generating solutions * Above average communication skills at various levels (written and verbal) * Excellent command of simulation tools (e.g. CAST, Paragon, other network simulation software, resource sizing or other equivalent tools) * Expert on basic IT tools, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint * Excellent report writing, data mining and data summarizing skills * Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills * Able to prioritize a highly variable workload * Exceptional aptitude - ability to quickly understand customer's internal and external supply chain processes, policies & systems * \"Out of the Box\" thinker with strong analytical skills and a drive for continuous improvement * Able to work in all global cultures * Fluent in English (written and verbal), other languages an asset
CEVA operates in a multicultural, global environment and is a richly diverse organization operating seamlessly as one company. We aim to attract, motivate and retain the best people in our industry, whatever their background. We share the same passion to deliver world-class solutions to our customers. We have the best supply chain professionals in the industry and develop this talent in an inspiring work environment.
CEVA Logistics is proud to be an equal opportunity work place and an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.