Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Job Category: Clinical Development
Work Location: City 19019
Employee Status: Full-time
Job Type: Regular
Other Locations: United States-Pennsylvania-Allentown, United States-Pennsylvania-Harrisburg
Come join Celgene's expanding Regional Medical Science Liaison Neurology/Multiple Sclerosis team!
The Regional Medical Liaison (or Medical Science Liaison) is a member of a field-based team of scientists who function as an extension of the Medical Affairs organization. RMLs are responsible for developing and enhancing professional relationships with medical thought leaders involved in various phases of product development. RMLs provide medical information through scientific exchange in a fair-balanced manner and provide clinical/scientific support for Celgene and the Medical Affairs department at the direction of Medical Affairs management.
This is a field-based position and requires professionals with established credibility to interact with thought leaders and centers of excellence. The position involves travel of more than 60%. Candidates must within the territory (Eastern Pennsylvania) and close to a major airport.
Responsibilities will include:
* Identify, develop and maintain collaborative relationships with current and future Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and healthcare stakeholders in disease states of strategic importance to Celgene.
* Provide clinical presentations and information in response to unsolicited questions (as appropriate) in academic, community and healthcare provider setting in both group and one-on-one settings.
* Collaborate with the Clinical organization to enhance patient enrollment in Celgene-sponsored clinical trials by identifying appropriate trial sites and interacting with investigators in ongoing studies.
* Act as a primary liaison to investigators interested in developing and performing investigator initiated research.
* Develop and execute territory plans in alignment with regional and national plans of action (POAs).
* Assist in the reconnaissance of Market landscape determination and competitive intelligence including therapeutic trends and unmet needs within the appropriate disease states and marketplace and provide timely feedback/information on emerging clinical/scientific information and opportunities to internal stakeholders.
* Provide scientific support at medical congresses.
* Ability to travel over a broad geography is required.
* This position requires the ability to drive within their assigned territory by automobile (and in some territories to travel by airplane).
* Must live within the territory (Eastern Pennsylvania) and close to a major airport.
* Completed Bachelor's degree
* Flexibility in dynamic model for KOL/Investigator coverage
* Full understanding of clinical research processes and GCP requirements
* Overnight business travel of more than 60%
Preferred Skills/Knowledge Required:
* Completed MD, DO, PharmD, MSN, PhD or MS in a scientific discipline highly desired
* Experience in training and resource development
* 2+ years Neurology/Multiple Sclerosis Medical Liaison experience
* Experience in Neurology/Multiple Sclerosis therapeutic area with established track record of working with top tier KOLs
COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE LIVES OF PATIENTS WORLDWIDE
At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical corporation while focusing on the discovery, the development, and the commercialization of products for the treatment of cancer and other severe, immune, inflammatory conditions.
\"At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients.\"
There are more than 300 clinical trials at major medical centers using compounds from Celgene. Investigational compounds are being studied for patients with incurable hematological and solid tumor cancers, including multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes, chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL), triple-negative breast cancer and pancreatic cancer. As committed as we are to clinical accomplishment, we are equally committed to patient support, which is a guiding principle at Celgene. We believe all who can benefit from our discoveries should have the opportunity to do so. Celgene puts patients first with industry-leading programs that provide information, support and access to our innovative therapies.