$16.00 to $16.96 per hour. This is a full-time (Day Shift) position with medical, dental, vision insurance, and generous paid leave.
The Josephinum is an historic high-rise building in downtown Seattle providing 222 studio and one-bedroom apartments for a diverse population of low-income individuals and several commercial spaces. Some units are set-asides for formerly homeless individuals being served through a number of programs that provide case management support to residents in those units. A Catholic parish, Christ Our Hope, is the primary commercial tenant of the building and shares common space with residential tenants. A homeless women's hygiene program and a non-profit self-managed shelter provider also are located in the building. The building is the largest single property in the portfolio of Catholic Housing Services of Western Washington, and is closely aligned with the mission of the Catholic Church.
A major function of this position is ensuring the safety and security of the residents of the Josephinum Apartments. The front desk/lobby area is the communication/security center of the building, and services are delivered on a 24 hour a day, 7 day a week basis. Front Desk Staff monitor the building, respond to medical and social crisis, interact positively with residents, guests, staff and the general public, allow access of residents and legitimate visitors to the facility, make periodic rounds of the facility, respond to emergency maintenance problems, answer phones and communicate messages, and keep a log of the day's events. This position is On-Call.
The Front Desk staff is central to providing a safe, respectful, and caring environment for the residents of the Josephinum.
Ensure Building Safety and Security
* Staff the front lobby desk and monitor building access, including the back exit. Greet all residents, guests, and visitors and screen for legitimate access; deny access to others. * Conduct security checks throughout building to ensure that no unauthorized individuals are in the building and monitor for unsafe conditions or situations. * Respond to medical and social crisis and contact appropriate staff and/or outside service providers. * Monitor guest violations. * Check in/out designated equipment/keys/supplies, etc., according to building rules and protocols. * Record significant occurrences in the Desk Log in a professional manner.
* Answer business phones and direct calls appropriately. * Interact positively with Josephinum residents and visitors.
* Maintain the front desk area, including sanitizing surfaces to ensure a safe and sanitary environment for residents and staff. * Record and route routine written maintenance work orders. * Respond to building emergencies.
Other Routine Duties:
* Provide information and assistance to residents. * Provide program information to public inquiries either on the phone or someone coming to the building. * Assist with activities, and other events that normally take place during business or evening/weekend hours.Monitor resident's presence in lobby area.
* Observe/follow guidelines on confidentiality, respect the rights and privacy of residents. * Maintain accurate records of hours worked and turn in timesheets on schedule. * Attend trainings required of employees and staff meetings as scheduled. * Become familiar with landlord/tenant law and the actions that are permissible for landlords. * Maintain cooperative relationships with residents/businesses in surrounding neighborhood. * Contribute to the mission of Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services. * Contribute to and support a positive, team-oriented work environment. * Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
This position requires the employee to work in an environment where there may be exposure to blood, bodily fluids, and other potentially infectious material. Other exposures could include cleaning supplies, chemicals involved in pest control, paint and other materials used in building maintenance, building temperature fluctuations, dust, noise, and odors.
Work history that demonstrates reliability and dependability. Work or volunteer history that demonstrates ability to interact and communicate with others. Able to communicate effectively in spoken and written English with staff and residents. Ability to interact positively with residents and visitors even in stressful situations. Experience in crisis coping. Ability to learn crisis intervention skills. Ability to ensure building security and tenant cooperation. Ability to contribute to an environment which honors and supports diversity and contributes to and environment of dignity and respect. Ability to work within the mission, goals and objectives of Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services. Criminal history background checks are required prior to employment.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Experience working with homeless persons and/or formerly homeless persons. Experience working with substance abusing populations. Experience working with special needs populations. Experience with Crisis Intervention Procedures. Experience with security in multi-family dwellings. Basic computer skills.
Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please let us know if you need special accommodations to apply or interview for this position.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.