Pregnancy & Parenting Support program serves pregnant women and caregivers of children 0-5 years of age. This position provides prenatal, parenting and life skills education, case management and support to program participants to increase knowledge and skills within a home-based model. Families receive personalized assessment, case management, parenting tools and community building activities that support their children's well-being and social emotional development in the home and in their community so that Latinx children will enter kindergarten ready to learn.
This position will work with the De Colores program which is an initiative between Pregnancy and Parenting Support at Catholic Community Services and Centro Rendu at Society of St. Vincent de Paul. De Colores is a program funded by Best Start for Kids to serve Latinx families with children pregnancy to five who are living in South Seattle and South King County. This position will work collaboratively with Centro Rendu, Best Start for Kids, and leaders from the Latinx community.
Hourly Rate $19.02 - $21.16 per hour, DOE
PLEASE DIRECTLY CALL JULISA AGUILAR FOR MORE INFORMATION -206-###-####
Unete a nuestro programa de Apoyo para Familias (PrePS). PrePS promueve la salud y el bienestar de las mujeres, los ni?os y las familias a trav?s de conexiones con recursos comunitarios, educaci?n y servicios de apoyo material. Empleamos un modelo hol?stico de servicios para lograr resultados saludables en el embarazo , y garantizar un entorno familiar seguro y enriquecedor que facilite un desarrollo social y emocional saludable para cada ni?o.
Nuestros servicios gratuitos incluyen:
* Derivaci?n de recursos * Educaci?n prenatal * Educaci?n para padres * Grupo de apoyo semanal para mujeres y padres. * Asistencia financiera para ayudar a mantener estabilidad. * Referencia de recursos * Apoyo material (ropa, pa?ales, toallitas y otros art?culos para ni?os, seg?n est? disponible)
Recruit program participants.
* Utilize appropriate and useful methods of recruiting clients into the program. * Coordinate outreach efforts with program team.
Provide intake services, collecting necessary information and making appropriate referrals.
* Assess parenting needs and issues and determine appropriate services for the client. * As needed, refer clients to appropriate services.
Provide prenatal, parenting and other life skills education to clients.
* Develop/gather/prepare curriculum and lesson plan on child birth, child development, parenting, women and child health. Utilize existing materials, as appropriate. * Adjust curriculum and lesson plan, as needed to fit the needs of the audience. * Curriculum, lesson plans and materials should be approved by supervisor before implementation. * Identify appropriate education venue(s). * Conduct prenatal and parenting classes both group and one-on-one either in office or client's home. * Educate pregnant women using behavior-change techniques and models. * Demonstrate or model appropriate life skills.
Provide case management to: pregnant women, parenting women, their significant others and family members.
* Conduct individual and/or family case management sessions where most appropriate and meaningful to clients in their home. * Develop and implement service goals addressing short-term crisis issues and on-going long-term goals. * Work in collaboration with other service providers to develop treatment plan for the client that meets the needs during pregnancy and into the child's first five years of life. * Maintain up-to-date list of referral resources and coordinate immediate and long-term assistance to women in the program and their family. * Advocate for clients so they can achieve the goals stated in the treatment plan. * Provide timely and accurate completion of all records. * Monitor treatment and service plans and document definable outcomes. * Participate in Quality Assurance reviews as established within the program.
Maintain professional records appropriate for the provision of education and program monitoring.
* Ensure that all activities are documented to comply with program and donor requirements including accurate completion of all records pertaining to life skills education. * Ensure that assigned program initiative(s) are implemented, monitored and evaluated, particularly changes in participants' knowledge and behaviors. * Enter all client information into IRIS and maintains client files according to QI standards. * Keep statistical records of contact with all individuals and requesting services from the program. * Maintain all CCS required paperwork on all clients served.
Develop and maintain working relationships with other agencies including DSHS, health providers, social service providers, parishes, schools, groups, etc to further enhance our services and referrals and to maintain visibility in the community. Employee accomplishes this responsibility by completing the following tasks:
* Build relationships with other agencies and community organizations through referrals and networking. * Speak about the program in networking meetings or gatherings.
Participate in supervision, consultation, department meetings and in-service training.
* Meet individually with supervisor for supervision on a regular basis.
Keep professional knowledge and skills current:
* With supervisor, identify training needs. * Undergo training to enhance knowledge and skills needed to do the job better.
Promote the CCS Mission Statement in the community:
* Attends networking meetings and community fairs as requested by the program manager. * Liaise with other social service agencies to advocate for the program. * Available to educate and advocate in the community (community fairs and events).
Treat clients in a culturally sensitive manner, assuring that Catholic Community Services' commitment to diversity and cultural competency is maintained.
Qualifications 2 year work experience in social services, preferable with parenting or pregnancy support Bilingual in Spanish Experience working with the Latinx community BA in Social Work, Psychology, Human Development or related field or equivalent experience CPR/First Aid certificates. TB test or willingness to obtain. Willingness and ability to make sound judgment. Ability to relate well to staff and clients from a diverse racial, ethnic and/or cultural background Must have reliable transportation, valid Driver's License and automobile insurance, and be able to comply with requirements of Employee Driving Policy. Support and uphold the mission, beliefs and values of Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services. Support and contribute to a creative, collaborative and respectful environment that promotes teamwork. Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to deliver culturally Competent services and work effectively in multi-cultural situations. Demonstrated commitment to the preservation of a workplace that embraces diversity and inclusivity. Criminal History Background Checks are required prior to employment
MSW or related field Experience in child development and parenting curricula such as: Promoting First Relationships, or Nurturing Parenting Program.