Oversee design, document preparation for architectural interior design aspects. Work with other architects/interior designers to assist with workload and enhance design quality. Review and evaluate architectural designs prepared by third party Interior Architects and consultants. Apply sound knowledge of architectural principles and practices in a broad array of assignments and projects. Provide technical guidance on unusual or complex issues to both third party and internal architects/interior designers. Facilitate design requests from Holland America Group Partners/Operations. Collaborate with stakeholders and project sponsors to comprehend desired branded concepts and design needs for the projects.
* Uphold the individual design standards set per brand.
* Review drawings and specifications submitted by Shipyard, third party Interior Architects and designers to ensure
* functionality and operational needs within allocated budget.
* Identify opportunities to optimize construction and operational costs through value-engineered processes
* lighting/reflective ceiling plans and area specifications, as needed.
* Ensure design is in compliance with Shipbuilding standards including ADA requirements, Health (USPH), Environmental,
* Safety and Security Corporate standards.
* Serve as primary communication liaison to project stakeholders and sponsors.
* Prepare and deliver effective design presentations to Executive Team
* Attend project meetings and provide leadership by using effective verbal and written communication to manage the Shipyard, Architects and consultants as well the project team in all phases of the work.
* Motivate teamwork among all parties for successful project completion.
* Manage and coordinate the procurement of Owner's Furnished Materials with purchasing department and Shipyard
* Approve material samples, proposed substitutes, and contractors'shop drawings for New Build projects to ensure design objectives are accurately reflected.
* Make recommendations to improve the maintainability of the interior design elements on the ships; impose design standards to increase life-cycle cost effectiveness.
* Oversee numerous design projects for the department, as senior team leader oversee interior designers and material library under the direction of the Director, Newbuilding Services, assessing quality and timeliness of completion.
* Review compare finished results to design specifications and renderings. Work with the Director to develop lessons and ongoing continual improvements.
* Bachelor's degree in Interior Design or Architecture.
10 years' Marine/Hospitality design experience and extensive background in project management.
* Experience designing large, public spaces, impressive portfolio of previous marine hospitality
* Capable of supervising a team of exterior architect/ vendor's interior and managing a large project
* Good command of English language, both written and spoken. Second language a plus.
* Professional demeanor, strong verbal communication skills, and experience delivering presentations to an executive audience required.
* Proven ability to analyze complex problems, identify critical issues and develop strategies for delivering solutions.
* Proven ability to mediate across multi-functional or multi-discipline teams in order to achieve agreed objectives.
* Knowledge in shipbuilding codes and regulations (IMO/SOLAS, USCG, USPH, ADA).
* Project Management Methodology (Gantt/PERT).
* Good computer skills including Microsoft Office, MS Project, AutoCAD, Sketch up, AMOS-W.
* Ability to work under pressure and deliver expectations within tight time constraints. Willing to travel and work abroad.
* Flexible Work Schedule! ? 9/80 alternative workweek schedule option providing each employee with one (1) weekday off every two weeks.
* Time off benefits ? 8 paid holidays, paid vacation and paid sick time
* Travel ? Generous Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
* Health ? Complete benefit plans including medical, dental, vision and flexible spending accounts
* Wellness ? Health and wellness programs include discounted health benefits and memberships
* Tuition Reimbursement ? Up to 80% with a maximum of $3,000 per fiscal year
* 401(k) ? Company match of 33% on employees first 6% contribution with 100% vesting after 4 years of service
* Profit Sharing Plan ? Eligible after 1 year of service
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan ? Discount on Carnival Corporation stock
* Training ? In-house Discover University courses on professional development
* Rewards & Incentives
* Employee Recognition and Reward Programs; ride share, financial commuter incentives; special employee discounts for local venues,banking services and retail stores
For more than 140 years, Holland America Line has been a recognized leader in cruising, taking our guests to exotic destinations around the world. Apply today and set sail on an exciting new career course! Our application process is quick and easy, be sure to login to our Talent Center and create a profile and then apply directly to your specific job.
Holland America Line is an equal opportunity employer.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.