412 N Allen Ave
8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be! ABOUT THIS JOB:
The Accounting Operations Manager supervises and coordinates accounts receivable activities, processing payments and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
The accounting team operates in a collaborative environment with uncompromising integrity and accountability, all while supporting company growth through collective expertise, cross-functional partnerships and a mindset focused around continuous improvement. You will share our passion for helping customers by being empowered to make a difference.ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Oversee the order to cash cycle activities while ensuring accounting accuracy and completeness; manage resources appropriately to balance workload and ensure key performance metrics are met
Drive team performance by managing the on-boarding & training process, setting clear expectations, and measuring results; participate in the performance management process, including performance reviews, team & individual development
- Provide ongoing training and education to the team to ensure that operational and accounting policies and procedures are followed appropriately
- Collaborate with the team and business partners to identify, design and implement process improvements for greater efficiency and effectiveness
- Oversee and perform accounting activities, including month end close journal entries, account reconciliations and balance sheet fluctuation explanations; manage the monthly close process
- Analyze department metrics, including staff productivity and key performance metrics; recommend solutions to drive execution or improve performance
- Assist the Senior Accounting Operations Manager with staff communications, resolving issues, setting goals and maintaining standards
- Lead and participate as a subject matter expert in projects to meet business goals; challenge the status quo and find innovative solutions to enhance the business
- Motivate, inspire and gain buy-in from others
- Champion and adapt to change
- Use all resources to make good decisions
- Prioritize competing responsibilities appropriately
- Play an active role in associate development and continually offer support
- Empower and challenge team members of all skill levels to reach their full potential
- Hold associates to a high standard of internal and external customer service.
- Engage with customers to actively understand needs and that they are fulfilled
- Address process or resource issues that impact the customer
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent required
- Three+ years of business experience required
- Two+ years of experience leading teams to achieve common goals, including managing the work of direct and/or indirect reports
- Strong accounting skills including general knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Accredited Accounts Payable or Accounts Receivable Manager Certification preferred
- Project management experience preferred
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Internal Candidates: Successful completion of Entry MAP or MDP required
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For?.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application .
If you have technical problems when submitting your application, please contact us by phone (888) ###-#### ext. 3888 or email ...@carmax.com.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...