Preference for Hiring in Employment
It shall be the policy and practice of the Corporate Employers to recruit Corporate Team Members according or the following priorities:
First: Qualified candidates who are enrolled members of the Pueblo of Pojoaque.
Second: Qualified candidates who are not enrolled members of the Pueblo of Pojoaque, but who are spouses, significant others, or children of enrolled members of the Pueblo of Pojoaque.
Third: Qualified candidates who are enrolled members of another (Non-Pojoaque) Indian Tribe.
Fourth: Other qualified Candidates
2018-BTI-129: HVAC Technician
FT/PT Status: Full Time
Department: Facilities Engineering
JOB PURPOSE: responsible for removing, installing and starting up HVAC systems, including ductwork installation and fabrication as necessary.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for installation, repairs and troubleshooting HVAC malfunctions.
- Responsible to perform preventative maintenance on heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment.
- Responsible for utilizing wire diagrams, schematics, blueprints, and drawings to perform repairs and maintenance.
- Responsible for installing and cleaning air and water filters.
- Responsible for installs and programs thermostats.
- Fabricates, assembles, and installs ductwork and chassis parts.
- Responsible to connect motors, compressors, temperature controls, and circulating ventilation fans to control panels and connect control panels to power source.
- Communicates and interacts directly with the customer, informing the customer of unexpected or additional repairs and determining customer needs.
- Ensures completed work meets quality control standards.
- Make difficult diagnoses and suggest solutions and repairs to customer.
- Communicates with scheduler to update status of repairs and estimate completion dates.
- Maintain professionalism in both appearance and demeanor.
- Patches and repairs minor roof leaks.
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES):
REQUIRED EDUCATION OR COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to perform duties and use tools and equipment in a safe and acceptable manner and in compliance with casino safety regulations and work standards.
- Basic math skills. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, divide and work with simple fractions.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Frequent guest interaction may be required so the ability to professionally communicate with others is essential.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to provide customer service in a professional and courteous manner.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High School Diploma/GED
- HVAC and/or EPA Certification required.
- 5 years experience in HVAC
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Standing-70% /Walking-25% /Sitting-5%; Workshop/Office setting.
- Exposure to cigarette smoke and noise.
- May be required to work outside in all kinds of weather.
- Outside work areas may include working on roofs or other elevated areas
- Kneeling, bending, climbing, or stretching for extended periods of time.
- Often works in cramps areas, exposed to hot, cold, dusty or wet conditions.
- Frequently lifts and carries items weighing 50 lbs. unassisted.
- With assistance, occasionally lifts items weighing 75 lbs. or more.
- May also work with cleaning compounds and fluids.
- Utilizes safety devices and apparel as required.
Associated topics: air, air conditioning, batt, environmental, hvac r, meter, refrigeration, repair, thermographer, ventilation