Position: Music Guitar Teacher
Location: 287 East 10th St. New York, NY 10009
Salary Range: $25.00 per hour
Hours: 20-30hrs per week
Employment Type: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Founded in 1876, The Boys' Club of New York (BCNY) is a youth development organization with the mission to empower boys and young men, ages 7 to 21, by providing effective programs and a supportive community. BCNY provides evidence-based programs to address the evolving social, emotional, health, creative, educational, and vocational needs of our members in meaningful, lasting ways. BCNY develops programs to cultivate positive qualities in members and strives to continually deepen and broaden our impact.
Reporting to the Clubhouse Director, the Guitar Teacher is responsible for on-site program delivery which is set in either one-on-one or group sessions.
* Teach half hour sessions per working day scheduled (Some one-on-one, some small group sessions)
* Record Annual Pre and Post Observations
* Keep Attendance Records (Parent outreach when needed)
* Work in small groups for end of season performances
* Care of equipment in State-of-the-Art studios
* Supervise and coordinate the daily activities of a group of 10-21 boys (ages 7-9 or 10-12)
Education and teaching experience in the instrument you are applying for. Professional Musicians with performing experience preferred. Previous experience in youth development, education, or after school.
Resume and cover letter required.
The Boys' Club of New York is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: choir, choral, classical, dj, emcee, guitar, music, singer, songwriter, vocal
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...