In the advertising world, the one with the best platform to target customers, and analytics to understand them, wins. Through our forward-looking solutions, we are defining the present and future (programmatic, addressable, advanced TV) of broadcast/cable audience technology, data, analytics and automation.
With offices in New York, Philadelphia, and San Jose, Cadent is a team of talented engineers, designer, product folk, and the like, constructing a rich set of tools that help our company and customers anticipate the needs of the $200B+ TV advertising market.
Right now, we are looking for a passionate User Experience Designer to lead the design of our cable and broadcast buying product. This role is based in our Philadelphia office.
* You get excited about designing products that not only work but look amazing, and most importantly, make our customers lives easier.
* You understand that UX Design means so much more than \"What the UI Looks like\".
* You are collaborative and know how to both give and take constructive feedback.
* Have a willingness to continue to learn new things and also teach others what you know.
What You'll Do
* Serve as the lead designer responsible for the cable and broadcast buying solutions.
* Meet the various design needs ranging from campaign and plan management, client engagement, reporting and analytics, user and general application administration.
* Design interactions that solve cable's unique problems while still feeling part of a unified platform and following established patterns where appropriate.
* This role may also have the opportunity to manage additional team members in the future.
What Skills You'll Need
* A head for UX Design
* You know how to take a problem, distill it down to user goals and build your design on that foundation. You also understand that design is more complicated than just what the \"best\" solution is; when you run into a \"load bearing wall\" you may need to design around it.
* You Communicate better than a game of telephone
* You understand that communication is a key skill in user experience. You understand how to communicate your design and defend it, not with your opinion, but with validation, research, and testing. You know how to listen to feedback and use that feedback to see if your design holds water.
* This isn't your first rodeo
* We expect that you have worked on large web applications before, be it consumer or enterprise, and understand the complexities involved. We expect you have at least 7+ years of experience, but feel free to prove you're an early bloomer.
* Can work through all stages of design
* We expect our designers to be able to collect requirements, design workflows and interactions, make lo-fi and hi-fi prototypes (Sketch + Invision), and document your design requirements for engineering. You should be comfortable during all these stages.
You get bonus points if you have
* Advanced Visual Design Skills
* We expect you to have experience with one or more visual design tools and be able to take existing visual design and use it to create your layout. Having visual design skills that go beyond that are a bonus as you can help shape the visual language of the platform and visualize new ideas you may have.
* Experience with Sketch, Abstract, and Invision
* We use those three apps to create, prototype, and share our designs to the organization. Understanding these applications already is a plus, but we are happy to teach you the ropes if you don't.
* You understand how your designs translate to code
* To design amazing products it helps to understand how those products are executed. It helps you understand what is easy and what is pushing the limits. Understanding of how your design gets implemented, both in the front end and the back end, is a big plus.
When applying make sure you include the following
* A killer subject line
* A personalized cover letter
* Tell us who you are and why you actually want to work here. What are your top 3 skills, why are you passionate about design, what makes you tick?
* Your resume, of course
* Your portfolio site or examples of your work
Your body of work is the best way to show us we need to hire you. Without it, you're just another resume full of keywords. If you can't provide samples now, provide a really good excuse why.
Who are we?
Cadent provides marketers, agencies, operators, and media owners with data-driven solutions for buying and selling TV advertising. By connecting brands with national TV audiences across cable, broadcast, and digital media?our technology improves efficiencies and boosts the results of linear, addressable, and cross-screen campaigns. Learn more here:
Cadent is an EOE M/F/D/V. We do not work with 3rd Party Staffing Agencies