- Bell and Howell
- $43,160.00 -63,940.00/year*
1103 Market St
Location: Philadelphia, PA
The Customer Service Technician serves as primary customer contact on technical and service related problems on a wide range of industrial, robotic and printing equipment. Diagnoses electronic, mechanical, software and system failures, using established procedures provided by our highly rated service training department. This job may include any aspect of field support, including hardware, software, PC's, and wireless networking. Provides technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment. Determines most cost effective repair/resolution to minimize customer downtime.
NOTE: THIS IS NOT AN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) POSITION - requires electrical and mechanical experience
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary responsibility will be to install, troubleshoot and repair a variety of industrial products that include, but are not limited to; printing and packaging equipment, X-ray machines, cash recycling products, mailing and sorting machines, credit card embossing and processing and any other applicable third-party accessories attached as part of the system.
* Schedule and perform regular predictive/preventive maintenance inspections on equipment.
* Provide support by managing parts inventory, customer service calls and preventative maintenance schedules.
* Foster positive customer relations and a high degree of customer satisfaction by communicating effectively with customers.
* Act as a liaison between the customer and other departments/functions of the company.
May need to provide an \"on call\" level of service up to seven (7) day/week twenty-four (24) hour/day for emergency customer assistance; respond to emergency and non-scheduled calls for service within established response time goals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
High School graduate with 2 year degree or diploma in electronics/advanced mechanics/software training with 1+ years related industry/equipment experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires strong electronics and mechanical background, understanding of computer program functionality and software troubleshooting skills. Associate degree a plus.
* Ability to use standard and specialized hand, power and diagnostic tools and measuring equipment such as oscilloscopes, DMM, gauges, etc.
* Thorough understanding of mechanical concepts
* Good analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills; ability to read and interpret technical drawing and documentation
* Strong interpersonal/customer relations skills; the ability to influence positive outcomes; the ability to effectively resolve conflict internally and externally.
* Ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships by understanding their operations and instilling confidence with effective proactive communication.
* Requires working extended hours as needed to fix equipment
* Requires lifting to waist up to 70 pounds
* Requires walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling; reaching with arms and hands
* Work is performed in a controlled office, retail, and manufacturing environment; noise within acceptable safety levels; work sometimes performed in small, cramped areas or at heights up to 20 feet; paper dust prevalent; cleaners and solvents used to clean machines; machines contain moving parts.
Associated topics: automotive, field service, machine repair, maintenance, maintenance mechanic, malfunction, mechanical, millwright, repair, troubleshoot
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...