Part Time Retail Merchandising Display Tech - Bangor, ME
Loading some great jobs for you...
Are you searching for a new career opportunity that incorporates your outgoing personality, tech-savvy aptitude, and sense of accomplishment?
BDSmktg values your commitment and in return provides an environment with growth opportunities. We offer flexible schedules, great hourly pay with paid mileage and drive time, monthly business expense reimbursement, bi-weekly paychecks, as well as paid training. A retail or merchandising background is beneficial but not required as we make an investment in your training to ensure your success.
Our team of Retail Merchandising Display Techs represents leading consumer electronic brands in retailers nationwide where they install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair interactive displays and demos. Your ability to problem solve, follow directions and establish rapport with store management will directly impact your success in this position. You will be at the forefront of new product releases which include headphones, phones, speakers, tablets, drones, and other consumer electronic products. Basic tools are needed for constructing and maintaining interactive displays. An Android or Apple mobile device is required for uploading photos and data upon completion of your assignments. Your schedule flexibility should be Monday - Friday with the ability to work early morning to midday.
To learn more, please view our YouTube video: Day In the Life of A BDS Retail Merchandising Display Tech
Our Retail Merchandising Display Tech will be conducting break-fix, installation, and ad-hoc maintenance work, in addition to general merchandising tactics. Responsibilities include installing/building displays, end caps, fixturing, and maintenance of those displays, planogram resets, conducting break-fix repairs, FedEx team leadership, and in-market training for other areas.
WHY CONSIDER BDS MARKETING?
* We are a premier leader in the merchandising industry and have a stellar reputation providing solutions for our clients and retail partners. * We value Authenticity, Agility, and Achievement. Our values craft our actions every single day and provide direction for each employee. * We stimulate, encourage and nurture creativity in an environment that allows employees to think outside-the-box in order to do what's best for each client. * We have a 'work hard, play hard' mentality that is infused in everything we do. Our Field Advisory Board ensure that our culture extends far beyond the walls of our corporate office, keeping our field teams engaged .
* Install and/or build displays, fixturing, and endcaps; involving the setup of security, cabling, wiring, monitors/media players, and audio connectivity * Troubleshoot and resolve issues necessary to ensure displays are fully functional and meet maintenance requirements * Meet Ad-hoc maintenance requirements which include: * Store service within 48-72 hours * Travel up to 60 miles with paid Drive Time and Mileage * Independently troubleshoot and enable a fully-functional display given necessary parts
* Report the status of each store visit accurately to show success in achieving objectives * Perform general merchandising functions including but not limited to reset PLANOGRAMs, POP, and pricing/fact tags * Conduct one-on-one training for other BDS market reps as necessary regarding break-fix work and IC Offline App data entry * Participate actively in weekly conference calls * Complete administrative tasks, including but not limited to scheduling reports within 24-48 hours of program launch and report visits by project end date * Other tasks as requested by management
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* High school diploma or equivalent required * Complete/Pass required Break Fix and ad-hoc paid training requirements as well as one-off project training prior to conducting visits * Experience in building displays, fixturing, monitor cabling/connectivity * Able to read schematics and correctly connect components * Experience using tools required to maintain displays * Experience in troubleshooting and fixing display issues, i.e.?light fixtures, malfunctioning buttons, computer/tablet/Smartphone demo-related issues, software reboots, electronic component connectivity, etc.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
* Must have good verbal and written communication skills * Detail oriented and highly organized * Ability to independently manage an account base * Display a professional demeanor at all times * Must be able to work Monday through Friday with availability to work in-store from 8 am - 2 pm each week with some occasional weekend work * Must be proficient with using and have either a Smartphone or Tablet which is an Android or Apple product as well as an active data plan, according to required specifications * Must have a computer with internet/web access and the ability to send and receive email attachments * Reliable transportation required * Must make the commitment to complete the market area's minimum weekly or special project hours requests * Must meet all pre-and post-employment requirements, which may include but not limited to background check, drug screening, and motor vehicle review
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
* Regularly stand, walk, bend over, reach overhead, crouch, kneel, balance, grasp, push or pull, talk and/or hear, and drive * Always carrying and lifting something into stores up to 15 lbs. * Regularly lift and carry up to 50 pounds * Frequently lift and carry up to 25 pounds * Work eight-hour resets when necessary * Climb a ladder more than 10ft. tall * Occasionally travel via flight or other modes of transportation * Continuous hand/eye coordination and fine manipulation
BDS Marketing, LLC. (\"BDS\") is an equal opportunity employer in every aspect of employment, including but not limited to; selection, training, development and promotion of the most qualified candidates and employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. BDS is committed to equal employment opportunity in all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment that may not be covered in this statement. BDS is an at-will employer.
BDSmktg is an award-winning retail marketing and sales agency. With over 30 years of experience guiding customers through the buying journey, they are experts at powering sales for the world's top brands.BDSmktg offers their clients fully integrated solutions that drive brand demand and sell-through: Research, Brand Advocacy, Digital, Retail Readiness, and Retail Environments. Founded in 1984, BDS Marketing, LLC. is headquartered in Irvine, California with regional offices in Chicago, Illinois and Columbus, Ohio. For more information, visit www.BDSmktg.com .