RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey, treating over 3 million patients a year. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals, three acute care children's hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children's Specialized Hospital).
RWJBarnabas Health is New Jersey's second largest private employer - with more than 32,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and 1,000 residents and interns.
The Access Nurse Navigator is a registered professional nurse with oncology-specific clinical knowledge who offers individualized assistance to patients, families, and caregivers to help overcome healthcare system barriers by provided timely access to quality health care for the outpatient service. Using the nursing process provides education and resources to facilitated informed decision making.
The Access Nurse Navigator main focus and responsibilities will include:
- Serve as patient and family advocate
- Coordinate timely scheduling of appointments to expedite the plan of care and to promote continuity of care.
- Schedule, re-schedule, and cancel appointments for the appropriate outpatient service.
- Assist in education of the patient/family in order to understand disease process and care map
- Assist in answering patient calls, initiate call backs and follow-up in order to meet the needs of the patient
- Assist with communication to internal departments and external contacts for insurance verification and authorization process
- Supports a smooth transition of patients from outside referrals to internal referrals for appropriate treatment.
- Education: BSN required
- Two to three years of oncology nursing experience required.
- One year of customer service experience in a healthcare setting preferred
- Licenses by the NJ State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse BLS provider required
- Oncology or navigation certification required within two years of employment.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated topics: ambulatory, asn, bsn, cardiothoracic, domiciliary, nurse, nurse clinical, recovery, surgery, surgical