Requisition ID: 69262
Cost Centre: NEW YORK AGENCY GENERAL
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank.
This position will report to the Head of U.S. Risk Analytics and will support the development and implementation of risk identification, resolution planning, reporting and risk analytic capabilities in the U.S.
* Implement U.S. risk identification program, and other risk assessment programs.
* Manage governance of the risk identification process
* Work with stakeholders across Lines of Business, Risk Management to develop, maintain and update the material risk inventory, control framework, and risk identification processes.
* Monitor risk trends across all risk types and businesses, recognize and review new or emerging risks and analyze linkages between risks
* Coordinate ongoing enhancements to the Risk Identification Framework
* Produce documentation and presentations to effectively communicate key information to senior management and regulators
* Manage, monitor, and create reports on risk analytic measures such as
* Broader business and emerging risks.
* Exceptions to approved policies or frameworks.
* Trends in the aggregate exposures by portfolio.
* The Bank's U.S. aggregate exposure to approved limits including limit breaches and remediation;
* Risk appetite metrics;
* Assist in the development of Scotiabank U.S. (SBUS) enterprise stress testing framework in line with U.S regulatory expectations, working closely with Head Office Risk Analytics group to utilize existing Enterprise capabilities and enhancing those with local capabilities as needed.
* Participate in the design and application of appropriate stress scenarios.
* Participate in the creation of the global resolution plan for the U.S. and take a leading role when U.S. resolution plans are required.
* Develop appropriate reports and analyses for the Board Risk Committee and other management level risk committees and regulators.
* Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
* Create policies and procedures where applicable.
* Act thoughtfully and quickly in situations which involve uncertainty and/or significant risk. Understands the sense of urgency to accomplish tasks on time. Demonstrates a strong belief in one's own ideas and judgement capabilities. Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
* Support special projects as assigned
Education and Experience:
* Requires at least a Bachelor's degree in a related discipline. Master's degree, recognized professional designation in a specialized area of finance or business, or equivalent, is an asset.
* 4+ years of progressively higher levels of responsibility in a related discipline.
* Experience in Risk Identification or other risk assessment programs.
* Knowledge of enterprise, quant, credit, and operational risk management frameworks and processes.
* Strong Excel and PowerPoint Skills.
* Knowledge of stress testing practices in various disciplines (Market, Credit, Operational, Liquidity, etc.) a plus.
* Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
* Solid working knowledge of current regulatory environment and requirements.
* Creative problem solving and the ability. See alternatives and take initiative
* Commit to continuous learning by gaining knowledge, skills, and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction, and improve the Bank.
* Highly organized with an ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-stakeholder environment and manage multiple priorities.
* Ability to frequently analyze large sets of data and concisely summarize key points to be used as management information.
* Ability to prioritize tasks.
* Intellectual Curiosity.
* Positive attitude and ability to work collaboratively with others.
* Attention to detail an ability to prioritize tasks.
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Segment: Analytics, Risk Management, Data Analyst, Bank, Banking, Finance, Management, Data* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...