Senior Manager, Credit Risk - Diversified Industries
Compensation: $145,180.00 - $145,180.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Requisition ID: 68962
Cost Centre: NEW YORK AGENCY GENERAL
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank.
The incumbent will cover the Diversified Industries portfolio, which includes, but is not limited to, the following industry groups: general commercial & industrial, infrastructure, power/utilities, real estate/gaming/leisure, healthcare, and precious metals. The position will be located in New York and report to the Director - Diversified Industries, U.S. Credit Risk Management. The incumbent will ensure that specific individual goals, plans and initiatives are executed and delivered in support of the Bank's business strategies and objectives; and that all credit activities are conducted in compliance with governing regulations, as well as internal policies and procedures.
* Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
* Assist in the process of assessing, adjudicating and monitoring both individual credits and the U.S. Diversified Industries portfolio across all counterparties.
* Identify risk mitigation opportunities and developing/maintaining portfolio reports that support this function.
* Assist in preparing information for and responding to questions from US financial regulators.
* Ensure that all credit adjudication adheres to Bank policies and procedures.
* Understand and implement how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
* Coordinate and work with Head Office Global Risk Management when necessary in matters related to the presentation of the global view of credit risk related to these portfolios.
Education & Experience:
* Proactive decision-maker; must handle high volume of credit intensive work; must take initiative in a highly time sensitive environment;
* Team player;
* Highly organized with an ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-stakeholder environment and manage multiple priorities;
* Ability to prioritize tasks;
* Create problem solving and the ability to motivate others and implement new solutions.
* Minimum 5 years of experience in financial analysis of diversified industries;
* Understanding of the Bank's lending policies, procedures and practices;
* Understanding of credit risk, and the structures and protections required for the exercise of credit analysis;
* Familiarity with credit documentation issues;
* Knowledge of financial projections and sensitivities;
* Experience or knowledge of internal credit assessments and portfolio strategy discussions.
* Strong communication skills, both written and oral
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Segment: Credit, Risk Management, Bank, Banking, Developer, Finance, Technology* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...