Requisition ID: 68894
Cost Centre: NEW YORK AGENCY GENERAL
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank.
The Manager will be part of a team responsible for the market risk management of trading business lines of Scotiabank U.S. Key responsibilities include market risk monitoring, reporting, limit setting, and breach identification and remediation of core U.S. business lines with a focus on Cash Equity Trading, Convertible Bond Trading, and Global Equity Derivatives. The risk manager will participate in business reviews, limit monitoring, assist in preparing presentations for management and regulatory meetings, as well as work in close collaboration with the trading desks as a valued partner by identifying key risks and assessing market conditions. The risk manager will work closely and under a Senior Manager focused on the same product groups, as well as Trade Floor Risk Management (TFRM) colleagues in Toronto and other jurisdictions as part of a global team. Additional responsibilities include ad-hoc analysis of market risk metrics, anticipating the risk needs of the business, and enhancement of internal and external market risk reporting
* Actively pursues effective and efficient operation of the U.S. Market Risk Management team by providing support on the following areas including, but not limited to:
* Daily reprting and monitoring of U.S. market risk metrics with a concentration in equity products.
* Identifying market risk limit breaches, verifying the accuracy f the breaches, discussing next actions to be performed by the desk to remediate the breach, then following up with reporting that discusses the causes of the breach, actions taken, and follow up steps.
* Assisting with market risk reprting enhancements, particularly using Tableau and other propriety systems to develop improved analytics.
* Working closely with both local and global teams in addressing enhancements and any remediation efforts. Presenting materials to global TFRM for project work that educates the global team.
* Preparing a daily mrning synopsis of the market developments in the concentration areas assigned to the risk manager, working diligently to be aware of general macro market themes and staying abreast of developments throughout the day.
* Assisting in the preparation each month and each quarter, of reporting that is used by the various committees and reporting viewed by the U.S. and foreign regulators
* Creating peridic Chief Risk Officer (CRO) dashboards and other ad-hc reports or presentations to keep all levels of management informed of key initiatives, risks, and issues. Providing a collaborative partnership to trading desks / business lines by facilitating risk requests and providing risk insights with deep understanding of how the business makes money and what drives decision making.
* Playing an active rle in the Volcker monitoring process in the U.S. while working closely with the Toronto teams helping to drive Scotiabank's observance of the Volcker policies globally. Contributing to the annual Volcker attestation process in the U.S.
* Wrking closely with the Exposure and Capital Analytics team (ECA) in Toronto, who produces the daily key risk measure data for the bank.
* Valuation - Recommend changes in valuation methodology as needed. Maintain Official Rate Source Document for covered products. Identify risk taking activities and valuation issues through oversight of daily P&L attribution analysis.
* Contributes to cross-functional and regulatory initiatives, and stand-alone written products to be sponsored, led, and/or authored by the U.S. Market Risk Management
* Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
* Understands how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
* Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vision, values, business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Education & Experience:
* Minimum 3 years of experience in the financial industry, preferably risk management or trading desks.
* Quantitative Undergrad (eg. finance, math, statistics, engineering) plus Masters preferred.
* Progress towards completion of CFA/FRM/PRM is an asset, but not required.
* Knowledge of R, Python, or Tableau preferred.
* Experience with MIS reporting
* Strong Writing Skills and experience drafting policies, procedures and briefs
* Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
* Strong knowledge of Tableau, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
* Strong communication skills, both written and oral
* Proactive decision-maker; must take initiative in a highly time sensitive environment
* Team player
* Highly organized with an ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-stakeholder environment and manage multiple priorities
* Ability to prioritize tasks
* Create problem solving and the ability to motivate others and implement new solutions.
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Segment: Risk Management, Bank, Banking, Equity, Engineer, Finance, Engineering* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...