Tax Senior Associate - Financial Services
Compensation: $115,066.67 - $178,020.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
We are seeking an experienced Financial Services Tax Senior for our Manhattan office. In this role, you will be mainly focusing on corporations, flow through entities and individual clients; although at times you may be exposed to other types of tax returns. Your role will also include assisting managers and partners with the client relationship, preparing returns, identifying planning opportunities, and providing additional services to clients. You will also need a genuine interest in developing a comprehensive understanding of the client's business and tax environment.
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2018
* Provide tax preparation and advisory services to Hedge Funds, Private Equity Funds and Investment Managers for a variety of middle market fund clients and emerging fund managers
* Prepare disparity tax workpapers for fund investors and interim investor tax estimates
* Prepare and advise clients with foreign filing requirements such as PFIC and CFC tax concepts
* Research and consult on various tax matters, respond to IRS and other tax authority inquiries when requested, make recommendations to the tax team for consideration
* Proactively build relationships and communicate effectively with the tax team to provide superior client service
* Participate in tax-planning engagements for clients, participate in complex tax research projects for clients, and research a wide range of tax issues related to transactions for a variety of entities and their affiliates
* Invest in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally
* Assist with recruiting activities to include campus recruiting along with referring experienced individuals to the firm and participating in the firm's Employee Referral Bonus Program
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent, 150 credits to sit for the CPA exam required. Master's Degree, MST, JD or other applicable advanced degree a plus
* CPA preferred
* Four (4) + years of experience in a professional services firm providing tax compliance services
* Experience preparing fund returns and workpapers. General partnership tax knowledge, multi-state tax return, foreign filings experience is preferred
* Demonstrated analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills, and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel) required
* Takes appropriate actions without being asked
* Seeks advice of appropriate superiors regarding issues, problems related to compliance
* Strong analytical, research and critical thinking skills
* Able to work well in a team environment
* Demonstrate positive attitude and high ethical standards
Associated topics: bond, broker, buy, derivatives, fiduciary, fund, invest, nasdaq, purchase, trader
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...