- Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
- $150,470.00 -150,470.00/year*
1103 Market St
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
We have an immediate opening for a Manager Resource Management on the East Region Resource Management Team. This position will be responsible for managing resources and assignments of our Risk & Internal Audit professional service staff, balancing people initiatives with business objectives. The individual will work with the Resource Management team to continuously improve the staffing process, making it more effective and efficient. The role will require travel between regional offices.
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2018
Manage and execute resource management process for assigned population
* Facilitate scheduling of resources to appropriate client assignments based on timing, travel, levels, skills, and other necessary requirements
* Drive scheduling process to prepare for future deadlines; balance capacity with open needs and proposing solutions to maximize utilization and drive profitability
* Use scheduling tools to forecast hours, track utilization, and monitor overall headcount
* Facilitate meetings with Managers and Partners on a weekly basis, providing updates as needed
* Ensure staff profiles and schedules are accurately maintained in the scheduling database; making necessary changes on a recurring basis
* Generate and analyze resource management reports, including availability reports, billable hour forecasts and actual vs scheduled variance data
* Monitor chargeable hours, overtime, and travel to ensure work is fairly distributed
* Drive consistency by implementing resource management processes and teaming with personnel to ensure compliance
Build relationships with client serving personnel at all levels through effective communications and a high degree of professionalism
* Gain understanding of the skills, experiences, and career goals of professional staff to ensure optimal client assignments alignments
* Proactively communicate with Managers, Partners and industry leaders to ensure population is effectively utilized
* Facilitate the resolution of conflicting assignments and flag availability of staff to ensure engagements are staffed appropriately
* Field scheduling questions, tailoring responses based as needed; elevating to Manager of Resource Management when necessary
Collaborate across Firm functions and within internal team
* Liaise with resource managers across other business units for effective and efficient allocation of resources
* Support strategic resource management projects and initiatives throughout the year
* Coordinate with the human resource and recruiting teams on the hiring and on-boarding of campus and experienced hire talent, including intern programs
* Participation in semi-annual and annual performance calibration meetings for professional staff
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
* A minimum of 5+ years of related experience, preferably within a professional services Firm
The successful candidate will have:
* The desire to learn about the operations of a professional services firm
* Interest in connecting with others and helping drive forward the strategic vision of resource management
* The ability to work effectively both independently and as part a team across all levels of the Firm
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Integrity within a professional environment
* Professional demeanor and ability to handle confidential matters with discretion
* Ability to manage through competing priorities
* Strong organization skills and attention to detail
* Ability to provide exceptional client service and exhibit a sense of urgency, commitment to quality and the timely completion of duties
* Demonstrated level of technical proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Excel)* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...