Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap? and CAPS?.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise? philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
To consistently drive the sales number in Closed System Transfer Devices. Maintain and grow the current sales of OnGuard and assigned Closed system transfer Devices to meet corporate growth objectives.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
* Call on Pharmacists, Hospital Administrators, Materials Managers, Nurses and any other individuals who are decision makers in the sales process. * Motivate and coach selling efforts of B. Braun sales representatives as it relates to positioning B. Braun Closed System Transfer Devices.. * Work with varying Hospital Care sales specialties to qualify new leads and advance the sales process. * Call on all buying influences to position the products value to meet customer's needs. * Prepare financial analysis, proposals, clinical and competitive analysis for customers and prospects. * Manage account strategies to include committee presentations, product evaluations and executive suite proposals. * Manage CSTD evaluations within the territory to include: selecting the evaluation unit, negotiating the quantity of product to evaluate, length of the evaluation, training of Hospital personnel and working with B.Braun resources on scheduling of sales and service support. Respond in a timely manner to all communications; written, voice-mail and e-mail (if necessary). * Maintain customer contact information electronically in Saleforce.com and other applicable B. Braun database programs. * Coordinate pricing, proposals and presentations on CSTDs within management guidelines. * Develop and maintain a sales pipeline of new business opportunities sufficient to meet Sales Quota. * Maintain awareness of competitive activity regarding pricing and sales and marketing strategies and tactics. * Train and support Hospital Account Managers as needed on CSTD sales techniques, product knowledge and competitive sales strategies. * Drive win/win relationships and maintain customer satisfaction. Prospect and qualify territory for new leads through sales calls in person and over the telephone. * Achieve 100% of sales plan. * Perform periodic Market Research, clinical assessments and various administrative tasks as required. * Conduct all transactions and manage all relationships with a high degree of integrity. * Maintain accurate customer records, call documentation, and written correspondence. * Communicate comprehensive and efficient hospital reports to management as directed. * Maintain weekly expense reports.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
* Strong computer aptitude. * Extensive knowledge of B. Braun's IV products and services. * Thorough understanding of hospital structure and role of personnel. * Thorough understanding of Hospital Group Purchasing Organizations. * Understanding of Sterile Pharmacy compounding. * Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. * Strong organizational skills. * Strong math aptitude. * Ability to initiate projects and tasks with little or no direction. * Ability to make decisions independently, sometimes without many facts available, to solve a customer problem or concern. * Ability to work well independent of supervision, as well as in a team environment. * Ability to work well with diverse personalities and backgrounds of people. * Ability to handle high-pressure sales situations with confidence. * Ability to travel extensively and work odd hours and shifts. * Professional image.
* Bachelor's Degree in a related field. * Minimum 4+ years previous experience in the sales of Closed System Transfer devices at a competitive company or within B.Braun as an HCAM or OPM Representative. * Proven track record of success at B.Braun. * Frequent overnight business travel (domestic). * Valid driver's license and current automobile registration and insurance.
* Advanced training in selling and negotiating. * Completion of B. Braun's graduate training curriculum.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com.
Through its \"Sharing Expertise?\" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.