- Axalta Coating Systems
1103 Market St
Axalta Coating Systems Ltd. (\"Axalta,\" or the \"Company\"), is a leading global manufacturer, marketer and distributor of high-performance coatings systems. With over a 150-year heritage in the coatings industry, Axalta is known for manufacturing high-quality products with well-recognized brands supported by market-leading technology and customer service.
Over the course of the Company's history, Axalta has remained at the forefront of the industry by continually developing innovative coatings technologies designed to enhance the performance and appearance of customers' products, while improving the customer's productivity and profitability. Axalta's diverse global footprint of 50 manufacturing facilities, four technology centers, 47 customer training centers and more than 14,000 team members allows the Company to meet the needs of customers in over 130 countries. Axalta serves its customer base through an extensive sales force and technical support organization, as well as through approximately 4,000 independent, locally-based distributors. The Company's scale and strong local presence are critical to its success, allowing leverage of the technology portfolio and customer relationships globally while meeting customer demands locally.
Axalta operates its business in two operating segments: Performance Coatings and Transportation Coatings, serving four end markets, including: Refinish, Industrial, Light Vehicle and Commercial Vehicle, across the following four regions: North America, EMEA, Latin America and Asia-Pacific.
For more information visit axaltacoatingsystems.com and follow us @axalta on Twitter and on LinkedIn.
We are seeking a Global Procurement Team Manager ? Indirect Procurement, who will develop and execute global buying strategies for Corporate Services such as Travel, Professional Services, Real Estate and/or Credit Card Systems. This includes using state-of-the-art purchasing tools to drive the lowest costs for the corporation, negotiating global agreements including prices and terms. In addition, the position will develop global sourcing strategies, identify new suppliers, align the commodity strategies throughout the organization, perform bid events, negotiate contracts and work with globally decentralized teams to implement contracts. This position reports to the Global Director Indirect & Logistics Procurement, interacts closely with the regional sourcing organizations as well as finance, supply chain, legal, human resources and directly manages/develops a team of 4 to 5 employees.
* Manage a team of Indirect Procurement professionals.
* Drive performance and compliance to travel polices
* Lead and influence global procurement strategies across multiple regions for a given category.
* Accountable for managing an annual category spend of over $220M USD.
* Influence regional and global teams to achieve alignment and meet procurement goals and objectives.
* Achieve cost savings and avoidances.
* Develop global sourcing and procurement strategies.
* Negotiate global contracts and agreements, including prices and terms.
* Execute agreements as the Buyer of Record.
* Lead efforts to qualify alternate or second source suppliers.
* Implement cost-effective and compliant delivery routes for all purchases.
* Monitor and resolve major disconnects in the buy, release, receive, and pay process.
* Maintain effective relationships with suppliers and internal clients.
* Bachelor's degree preferred. A Master's degree is a benefit.
* Prior experience in managing a team required.
* Three or more years' indirect procurement experience, travel, rental cars, real estate management and consulting services (e.g., financial, HR, IT, etc.).
* Experience working with and managing substantial category spend.
* Experience managing supplier and customer relationships and the competitive bidding process.
* Proven record of driving cost savings throughout an organization.
* Experience with progressive sourcing tools, such as cost structures, supplier business plans, electronic auctions, multi-year cost savings agreements, etc. Experience leading diverse, multi-functional teams.
* Excellent negotiation skills.
* Strong systems skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Experience in an Enterprise Resource Planning System such as SAP R3 is favored.
* Strong problem-solving capability.
* Superior communication skills.
* Service-oriented mindset, with a desire to ensure client satisfaction.
* Desire and aptitude to develop and advance in the professional procurement function.
* Ability to travel about 20%, including international travel.
This position provides strong growth and developmental opportunities, the chance to be part of a dynamic global organization with competitive pay and benefits.
Axalta Coating Systems is an equal opportunity employer.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...