Axalta Coating Systems Ltd. (\"Axalta,\" or the \"Company\"), is a leading global manufacturer, marketer and distributor of high-performance coatings systems. With over a 150-year heritage in the coatings industry, Axalta is known for manufacturing high-quality products with well-recognized brands supported by market-leading technology and customer service.
Over the course of the Company's history, Axalta has remained at the forefront of the industry by continually developing innovative coatings technologies designed to enhance the performance and appearance of customers' products, while improving the customer's productivity and profitability. Axalta's diverse global footprint of 50 manufacturing facilities, four technology centers, 47 customer training centers and more than 14,000 team members allows the Company to meet the needs of customers in over 130 countries. Axalta serves its customer base through an extensive sales force and technical support organization, as well as through approximately 4,000 independent, locally-based distributors. The Company's scale and strong local presence are critical to its success, allowing leverage of the technology portfolio and customer relationships globally while meeting customer demands locally.
Axalta operates its business in two operating segments: Performance Coatings and Transportation Coatings, serving four end markets, including: Refinish, Industrial, Light Vehicle and Commercial Vehicle, across the following four regions: North America, EMEA, Latin America and Asia-Pacific.
For more information visit axaltacoatingsystems.com and follow us @axalta on Twitter and on LinkedIn.
The Global Category Manager - Real Estate is responsible for developing the vision and strategy for the global real estate function and managing the global portfolio. The role will be focused on proactive identification of opportunities to add substantial value to the real estate process and enhance the role of real estate as a driver of Axalta's success. This position will partner with internal functions such as regional real estate coordinators, legal, procurement, risk management, EH&S, engineering, business unit and operational leaders, as well as external real estate and third-party logistics service providers, to ensure alignment of real estate strategies with business objectives. Global Category Manager of Real Estate will provide guidance and thought leadership to drive strategic delivery of real estate services that ensures the highest value to Axalta. The role will report to the Procurement Team Manager for Corporate Services at Axalta's global headquarters located in Philadelphia, PA.
* Establish guiding principles and strategic priorities to improve the efficiency, performance and cost profile of Axalta's real estate portfolio.
* Serve as main point of contact to business units for communication, coordination, and management of real estate portfolio.
* Collaborate with Axalta key stakeholders and service partners, to align goals and implement strategic vision and initiatives.
* Support the real estate requirements of M&A activities for the business for alignment of acquired real estate into the overall portfolio strategy.
* Support business case development and obtaining approvals in alignment with Axalta's Delegation of Authority.
* Provide regular and ad hoc reporting for leadership and coordinate regular updates of portfolio information with global service partner for real estate.
* Negotiate based on the established business points for sites approved by the company. Negotiate lease renewals, store expansions, waivers, modifications and surplus store space available for sublease as assigned.
* Negotiate with brokers, developers, attorneys, property owners and landlords for the best overall deal, including the most favorable position/presence within the center for each site consistent with the company's goals and standards.
* BS/BA Degree and minimum 3 to 5+ years of experience in corporate real estate or equivalent experience in corporate environment where global coordination and communication across various stakeholders and leadership was required
* Preferred fields of study include finance, business administration/management, real estate
* Ability to travel (25% and including internationally)
* Understanding of fundamental commercial real estate principles
* Ability to effectively coordinate, influence, and lead both internal and external project teams
* Effective communicator; develops authentic relationships with stakeholders at all levels
* Proactively accepts future-oriented challenges, and initiates innovative solutions
This position provides strong growth and developmental opportunities, the chance to be part of a dynamic global organization with competitive pay and benefits.
Axalta Coating Systems is an equal opportunity employer.