The CNA is responsible for performing non-professional direct patient care duties under the supervision of nursing personnel. He/she will assist in maintaining a positive physical, social, and psychological environment for the resident.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assists residents with daily bath, dressing, grooming, dental care, bowel and bladder functions, preparation for medical tests and exams, ear and eye care, and positioning in and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, etc.
2. Provides nursing functions as directed by supervisor including daily personal care, turn residents in bed, sponge baths, measure and record temperature, pulse and respirations, weigh and measure residents, perform restorative and rehabilitative procedures and observe and report presence of skin breakdowns.
3. Reviews care plans daily.
4. Reports changes in resident conditions to supervisor.
5. Records all necessary CNA charting entries and report all accidents and incidents.
6. Prepares residents for meals and snacks.
7. Identifies food arrangement and assists in feeding residents as needed.
8. Records food and fluid intake.
9. Performs after meal resident care.
10. Assists as directed in proper admission, transfer, and discharge of residents.
11. Inventories resident possessions and reports food articles and medications found in resident rooms.
12. Reports defective equipment to administration.
13. Understands and uses Universal Precautions and follows established infection control, hazardous communication and other safety rules.
14. Ensures cleanliness of assigned residents rooms.
15. Properly maintains and records resident restraints.
16. Promptly reports all violations of safety and sanitation rules to supervisor.
17. Attends and participates in orientation, training, educational activities, and staff meetings.
18. Maintains resident confidentiality.
19. Treats residents with kindness, dignity, and respect.
20. Knows and complies with Resident Rights rules.
21. Promptly reports all resident complaints, accidents, and incidents to supervisor.
A.Education and/or Experience
Must be a Nurse Aide in good standing
Must meet all applicable federal and state requirements or in training to satisfactorily complete the requirements to become a Nurse Aide
Previous experience or completion of appropriate training program preferred
B.Skills and Abilities
Ability to read, write, and follow oral and written directions
Ability to evaluate and interpret information
Must have the ability to remain calm under stress
Excellent communication skills required
Must be patient, courteous, and tactful
Must have a positive attitude toward the elderly
Must speak and understand English
1.QUALITY & PRODUCTIVITY
Provides high quality services, processes and programs while consistently seeking ways to improve outcomes and enhance the organization. Meets or exceeds goals and objectives and consistently engages in productive work effort requiring minimal direction for manager.
Demonstrates self control by maintaining composure in difficult situations; deals calmly and effectively with stressful situations. Projects a professional image of oneself and the organization and demonstrates a positive attitude towards work and the organization.
Demonstrates a commitment to the position and accepts responsibility for personal actions. Comes to work on time and ready to work.
4.COLLABORATION & TEAMWORK
Supports a positive team environment in which employees participate, respect and cooperate with each other to achieve desired results. Builds and sustains cooperative working relationships and demonstrates a positive attitude in work assignment and interaction with others.
Expresses self in a knowledgeable, coherent, and professional manner. Works to resolve conflict and promotes an open and honest environment for feedback and constructive criticism.
Provides direction and motivation and sets an example through open communication and modeling best practices. Provides appropriate advice, on-going feedback, support and resources to improve effectiveness of individuals and departments.
Loading some great jobs for you...