Community Relations Representative I - New York, NY - PS26209
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Community Relations Representative I
Location: 9 Pine St, New York , NY 10005. The selected candidate will work 1 office day and 4 field days, with the option to work remotely in inclement weather. Company vehicle will be provided for local travel.
Work Hours: Occasional nights and weekends will be required. Schedule fluctuates depending on community events. Peak season during warmer months. If the selected candidate works on the weekend, they will take a day off during the week to reduce hours. Minimum 40 hours per week.
Responsible for growing membership through educating and servicing the Medicaid population, including meeting the communities need for ongoing educational and social service outreach to existing and potential members.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
* Acts as service representative for assigned projects and a resource to membership and community.
* Ensures consistent compliance with all state, federal, and company specific requirements.
* Assists with establishing and maintaining positive relationships with community organizations, provider offices, and faith based organizations; performs activities to enhance presence in the community.
* Identifies and collects educational material on community networks and advocacy groups with similar missions and values and communicate the information to management.
* Provides telephonic assistance, outreach and/or guidance to members and potential members regarding benefit and enrollment questions, and/or providing assistance on any social service needs.
* Coordinating events in the community and will be responsible for setting up tables for events
* Requires a high school diploma or equivalent;
* 1 year of experience in healthcare or sales/marketing environment;
* Or, any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
* AA/AS or BA/BS preferred.
* Valid driver's license and access to a motor vehicle with valid motor vehicle insurance required. The selected candidate will be subject to a DOT background check.
* NY State health insurance licensure preferred.
* Ability to carry a 4-foot table with a handle, banner, and collateral information at community events. Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
* Requires a secure home internet connection to allow for access to Anthem's VPN (Virtual Private Network). The selected candidate will have the option to work remotely during inclement weather.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and have moderate PC skills.
* Skills Required:
* Time management - you will need to be able to task yourself and monitor progress
* Self-motivation - you will need to be able to take the initiative to actively participate in community events to become familiar with the population you are addressing.
* Interpersonal Skills - you will be working with other staff members, but you will also be in close contact with the public. This means that you will need to adjust your modes of interaction and approach to maintain engagement while disseminating knowledge
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Loading some great jobs for you...