This position will report directly to the Manager, Claims Learning and Development within the Claims Shared Services organization. The role will be responsible for linking business strategy to dynamic training modules to develop talent across the Claims organization. Designs and develops content/learning curriculum to shape and improve human performance gaps. Collaborates with key stakeholders to define learning objectives and success measures. Assists in creating learning paths for new hires and incumbents and the implementation of learning solutions through various delivery methods. Supports Enterprise L&D initiatives and technology journey to modernize the training environment at AmTrust.
The Instructional Designer/Content Writer position will support the Claims organization as an instrumental contributor to the Claims L&D program, delivering high impact learning solutions for all functional areas. The responsibilities of the position include:
* Builds and maintains a content library, designing relevant curriculum that meets key business learning objectives.
* Transforms technical business requirements into creative and intuitive training for a virtual, operational environment.
* Partners with key business stakeholders to validate content requirements and ensure business goals are meet.
* Establishes and maintains relationships with subject matter experts and business leaders as well as the wider industry to stay current on L&D best practices.
* Guides business strategy to promote effective implementation of learning solutions.
* Continuously monitors the program effectiveness, adjusting modules and tactics as needed.
* Partners with Corporate L&D colleagues to ensure Enterprise alignment on learning requirements to include learning models, technologies and resources.
* Acquire and applies advanced technical knowledge of key business areas and its processes.
* Manages and engages third party vendor relationships to provide learning solutions in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
* Proactively analyzes performance gaps, analyzing data and trends, to provide learning solutions.
* Creates, updates, and maintains SCORM complaint e-learning modules and houses modules in a Learning Management System.
* Develops and manages timelines and project milestones.
* Ability to design training materials that is effective, engaging, creative, and innovative.
* Intermediate knowledge of the insurance industry, its practices and operations; preferable background in multiple lines of business.
* Ability to establish strong working relationships with business partners.
* Ability to operate in an iterative, agile environment with strong cross-discipline team collaboration.
* Excellent presentation skills and advanced writing skills.
* Ability to communicate approach and strategy into understandable terms for the business team.
* Highly developed interpersonal skills and an expert listener.
* Ability to drive and achieve results, with ability to manage multiple projects to meet both short and long-range goals and objectives.
Education & Experience
* Bachelor's degree with Master's degree preferred in a related discipline (such as HR, Education, Educational Technology, Instructional Design) or equivalent.
* 6+ years of related experience in Learning and Development to include 3+ years in instructional design with knowledge of instructional design tools and methodologies. Preferred 2+ years P&C and/or Workers' Compensation claims industry experience.
* Demonstrated ability to manage competing demands with strong project management skills.
* Strong understanding of adult learning theory and a variety of learning methodologies.
* Passionate about how eLearning and micro-learning design can transform a learning culture and organizational performance.
* Strong computer skills including hands-on experience with virtual classroom software such as Camtasia and e-learning authoring tools such as Adobe Captivate.
* Preferred L&D certifications in Adult Education, or Instructional Design.
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services, a Fortune 500 company, offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Vacation and Holidays.