Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
This position is responsible for the maintenance and operation of Amtrak-owned converter facilities as well as coordination of the utility-owned frequency converter facilities. Position is responsible to conduct maintenance audits and inspections of all conversion facilities, and ensure adequate traction power available on the system to operate Amtrak and commuter electric trains.
* Provides program direction in a matrix organization.
* Ensures all required maintenance is performed on a timely basis
* Coordinates and manages frequency converter capital projects
* Reports on project progress, budgeting, forecasting, and scheduling
* Ensures adequate traction power is available on the system at all times to operate electric trains on the Northeast Corridor
* Performs field audits and provides expert advice to ensure compliance with engineering practice and policy.
* Work with ET Operations, Maintenance, and Design staff and other departments to ensure uniform compliance procedures.
* Ensures Amtrak force account personnel are properly trained and qualified to operate and maintain Amtrak facilities
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
* 10 years experience in operations and maintenance of electrical facilities, including electrical troubleshooting
* Experience in project management
* Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, collaborative, and relationship building skills with demonstrated experience both within and outside an organization.
* Demonstrated experience in operations and maintenance of electric traction facilities
* Demonstrated experience in project and program management.
* Demonstrated strategic planning experience.
* Demonstrated management experience in a matrix organization.
* Demonstrated experience in managing multi-project/year programs from planning phase through construction.
* Develop and produce Electric Traction maintenance programs for frequency converters and substations.
* Collaborate with system and division project managers on project progress
* Provide program reporting
* Provide field audits of maintenance programs
* Must be able to motivate others and drive for results.
* PE License and minimum of 10 years experience in the maintenance and operations of traction power facilities.
* Project Management Certification
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Travel Requirements:Up to 25%
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job ? we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.