- $105,360.00 -158,170.00/year*
1103 Market St
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
The Director of T&D, Design is responsible for strategic planning, monitoring, design and development of Amtrak's Technical training programs throughout the corporation. The position manages all activities for Amtrak employees related to the design of training, associated budgets and administration requirements. Provides leadership that will improve the overall quality and effectiveness of Technical training for employees.
* This position has primary responsibility for the design of all technical training for the Operating departments: Transportation, Engineering and Mechanical.
* Responsible for tracking activity levels such as staffing, course content, course development, implementation/oversight of Amtrak's training model and directly manages all activities related to the development of training, associated budgets and administration requirements.
* This position works closely with other departments in identifying training needs by conducting needs analysis and training initiatives.
* Directs, manages, coaches, evaluates and focuses on the develop of subordinate staff.
* Fosters interpersonal relationships, teamwork, guide and support members of the organization in achieving plan goals within budget constraints.
* Leads and works with internal stakeholders to ensure training programs and delivery align with relevant Safety Regulations and Amtrak Safety Standards.
* Bachelor's Degree in Education, Instructional Design or equivalent of education, training and/or experience in related field and/or experience and relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
* 13+ years of relevant experience preferred; 11 years of relevant experience required (17 or more years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree).
* Knowledge of railroad operations, staff practices, infrastructure, and/or equipment maintenance practices.
* Demonstrated experience in managing a training function.
* Strong organization, budgeting and planning skills.
* Experience demonstrating skill using PC-based word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and SAP.
* Demonstrated experience and effectiveness in communication skills, including writing, speaking and the presentation of instruction, content, data and analysis.
* Knowledge of Adult Learning Theory, instructional course design and methods of needs analysis.
* Familiar with State, Federal or other regulatory agencies rules and regulations.
* In-depth knowledge of CFR 243
* Excellent presentation skills.
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
* Extensive administrative and organizational skills.
* Strong knowledge of safety regulations, policies and programs.
* Strong knowledge of various computer database programs.
* Self-motivated and able to work independently.
* Extensive skills in managing a regulatory auditing program.
* Advanced Degree in Education, Business or related field or equivalent combination of
* education, training and/or experience.
* Experience working in a team environment, including senior staff and labor leaders.
* Knowledge of Amtrak's business, operation and financial system.
* Experience in business analysis and budgeting.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Job Family/Function:Safety & Security
Travel Requirements:Up to 50%
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job - we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
POSTING NOTES: Safety & Security -- No Additional
Associated topics: administrative assistant, assist, assistant, asso, associate, beverage, document, food, operation, operational assistant
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...