We're creating an airline people love. It begins with each Alaska Airlines employee, bringing unique strengths and energy to our work in the air and on the ground. Every day, we go beyond what's expected and reach for the remarkable, together.
The Manager Corporate Security is responsible for oversight of the Company's corporate security programs and associated policies, procedures and standards for ensuring robust safeguards are in place for employees, assets, and owned and leased facilities. This role trains, leads, and manages employee, contract and vendor security personnel assisting or responsible for these efforts. The position reports to the Managing Director, Corporate Security.
Scope & Complexity
This leadership position manages corporate security activities for Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air.
* Make decisions on programs, policies, and procedures aimed at deterring and detecting loss of, damage to assets.
* Ensures physical security of all company properties using a combination of personnel, procedural, and technical security measures.
* Assists in internal and external investigations into above-referenced loss of, or damage to physical assets as directed.
* Is available as a first responder in the event of a critical incident and ensures adequate security to support the activities of the emergency response team.
* Influence across company and works with law enforcement agencies, contractors, and vendors to ensure cooperative working relationships.
* Determines facility access authority levels/policies for company identification/access card programs.
* Oversees calculation of, preparation and distribution of loss/stolen/unaccounted for company access/ID badges.
* Develops, or assists, in the development of a workplace violence prevention and response training.
* Participates in strategic planning where facility operations, associated security-support (software) programs, and local corporate security training is required or necessary in ensure security concerns are addressed
* Oversees security vendors and consultants to ensure security systems, processes, policies, procedures and personnel are deployed and maintained according to applicable regulations, industry standards, and business needs.
* Reviews, approves and audits all security contracts and costs on an ongoing basis.
* Coordinates security for Board of Directors, Company Officer, and Shareholder meetings, as well as other corporate events, as necessary.
* Serves as industry liaison representing Alaska and Horizon at (corporate) security conferences, establishing a sound relationship with other airline security departments.
* Stay current on latest security technology, trends, practices and procedures, and recommend changes to supervisory management as appropriate and necessary.
* Develop people through effective performance management and ongoing feedback, focusing on delegation for stretch assignments, growing and developing the team for capacity and growth, looking at performance across the team, and time management
* Shape culture of team through action, presence, and reinforcement of behaviors
Job-Specific Skills, Experience & Education
* Bachelor's degree, or an additional two years of training/experience in lieu of this degree.
* A minimum of 5 years of law enforcement, military, corporate, or private security background.
* A minimum 2 years of formal or informal leadership experience.
* Ability to travel up to 25%, including internationally.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
* Knowledge of criminal law.
* Effective communication skills (e.g., verbal, written, and listening).
* Detailed oriented and highly organized, with ability to multi-task and work independently with limited guidance in a fast-paced environment.
* Familiarity with access control and digital video surveillance.
* Minimum age of 18.
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
* Aviation and investigation experience.
* Physical security design and implementation experience.
* Familiarity with Lenel/\"On-Guard\" access control application, and HID equipment.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with applicable Federal, State, and local laws.
Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines participate in E-Verify, a service of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA), where required.
Job ID 34766
Location Seattle, WA
FLSA Status Exempt
Full/Part Time Full-Time
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.