Responsible for planning, developing and executing strategies geared towards driving sales, accumulating clients, and growing new AgroFresh business in citrus, stone and pome fruit industries. Develop customer/prospect relations, initiate and grow their accounts in very close collaboration with Regional Commercial teams, R&D teams, and Marketing teams. Develop a rolodex of potential customers, partner with the Global Core Portfolio and R&D to drive adoption of locally relevant solutions, while also continually evaluating ways to grow existing solutions. Identify highest value opportunities to expand AgroFresh business in the geographical area of responsibility.
* Develop a strategy for building a citrus business in North Amercia
* Build sales of Technidex products in the citrus market
* Lead the development of new business for the geographical region of responsibility
* Develop and implement strategies to build relationships with potential prospects in the region of responsibility
* Initiate new technologies adoption and drive sales in the geographical area of responsibility.
* Understand customer needs from the inside, gain credibility with customers
* Identify customer needs (in geographical area of responsibility) and partner with technical sales team, Global Core portfolio and R&D to address those needs, resulting in to higher sales.
* Coordinate with Global core portfolio team to refine size of opportunity and competitive landscape that will help sharpening approach to driving sales
* Manage commercial pipeline in the area and leverage Salesforce.com as the key tool to support effort.
* 5+ years of business development or sales experience, preferably in Ag industry
* Bachelors degree in business or marketing or life sciences
* English language fluency is required; Spanish language fluency is an asset
* Ability to coordinate across functions to deliver create and drive a strategic regional marketing plan designed to drive increased sales and market share.
* Success within a sales organization and a matrix environment involving close collaboration with other functions, especially Marketing, along with Product, Research & Development and Operations.
* Experience in driving and managing sales as well as customers' relationships.
* Experience with B2B, high touch business models. Agricultural B2B preferred
* Experience anticipating market needs, developing robust go-to-market plans to support corporate and region goals.
* Comfortable and prior experience with Salesforce.com, Microsoft Office, Salesforce.com, Share Point, and other various business tools.
* Strong oral and written communications skills.
* Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
* Ability to quickly diagnose and problem solve.
* Strong business acumen, Customer/market focus.
* Out-of-town, overnight travel will be required to visit key commercial centers of North American region.
* Experience working with global teams
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects.
* Ability to work with ambiguity, independently and within a team environment.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.